Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Melbourne, Australia
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Project Accountant for our Melbourne based Graduate Program starting in February 2022.
This position will report directly to the Project Accountant/Senior Project Accountant.
In Wood's two-year program, you will learn:
- Review of weekly timewriting hours, ensuring accurate allocation of time and costs to contracted work
- Ensure alignment of client and internal financial systems to facilitate billing and cost reconciliation
- Ensure rates data changes captured in a timely manner in Oracle and submitted to the client for approval
- Invoice client in accordance with contract;
- Manage customer financial audit processes & ensure resolution is reached;
- Ensure customer payments meet contractual timing;
- Liaises with client representatives, and project personnel to resolve billing queries;
- Manage the billing process and ensure that the DSO target for the contract is achieved, with any issues raised for timely resolution with the respective parties
Month end close/reporting:
- Assist with the reporting of contract performance and analyses variances eg internal and external dashboard reports and other reports as required by the contract
- Undertake the month end close for contract and the submission of various group reporting requirement eg Flash/Bridge/Unbilled and AR analysis
- Work with Finance Shared Services to ensure allocation of payments to receivables is done timely monthly.
- Assist the Project Accountant/Senior Project Accountant in financial analysis, financial data requests as required by the contact manager and other stakeholders
- Assist with budgeting and forecasting activities
- Resolve/coordinate/troubleshoot all process issues/matters on the contract relating to employee expense claims, Accounts Payable and Timewriting
At Wood it takes a diverse range of people to achieve the level of impact we are having on the global energy sector. As a successful member of the 2022 Graduate Program, you will have completed your Accounting or Finance degree by the end of 2021 or earlier at an Australian university.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
What we look for as a member of Wood's Graduate Program:
- Flexible, adaptable and open minded
- Proactive self-starter that is driven to succeed with a positive attitude
- Problem solver that is curious in their approach with the capacity to grow and develop
- Empathetic towards the needs of others
- Can demonstrate integrity, honesty and humility
- Confidence to ask questions, seek help, make decisions and challenge the norm
- Ability to communicate well at all levels
- Reasonable level of confidence when speaking in an open forum
- Strong MS Excel skills
- Capacity to learn and proactively seek and provide feedback
- Good understanding of the benefits of respecting and appreciating what makes people different
Candidates must have full work rights in Australia (Australian citizenship or permanent residence) to be considered for this role and must also upload your resume and academic transcripts. Pro tip: merge your cover letter, resume and transcripts into one document and upload.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.