Skills: HR - General, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Basrah, Basra Governorate, Iraq
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently looking for a Local Recruiter to strengthen our team in Iraq.
The P&O Coordinator in country is a hands-on representative of the People & Organisation (P&O) to perform all activities associated with the resourcing, mobilisation and demobilisation of all employees within the Iraq business units/projects but not limited to in accordance with functional policy, guidelines, and budget restrictions
- Responsible for the resourcing life cycle within assigned business area, including talent planning, sourcing, engagement, screening, assessment and hiring the most suitable candidates within appropriate cost and timescales.
- Post jobs according to local government requirement BCRO.
- Conduct selection interviews, assisting line management in the decision making process.
- Hold regular meetings with managers and drive accountability for prompt feedback to ensure a positive applicant experience.
- Maintain up to date / accurate data in the company applicant tracking system.
- Assist managers with making offers of employment using effective negotiation skills to ensure that offers are accepted and selected applicants become new starters.
- Assist the bids and proposals teams in collecting accurate market salary data and relevant CV's as and when required.
Mobilization & On-boarding Process
- Serve as the first point of contact for all new hires joining the company.
- Prepare, plan, coordinate, arrange pre-employment medicals, SCS pass, inductions, desk allocation, IT set up, PPE and laptops handover for all new hires.
- Ensure all pre-employment criteria's are met prior to employee mobilizing and all relevant mobilization documents are valid & received prior to employee mobilization.
- Book and coordinate meeting rooms for new hire P&O and HSE inductions purposes.
- Communicate to the Shared Service team on the new start date of the employees ensuring the Employee ID number is created in the system.
- Ensure the Shared Service team has created the personal files folders for new hires on the shared P&O drive.
- Maintain native personal files for all employees keeping interview notes, qualification, certificates, passport copy, housing card, ration card, marriage certificate and other information relevant to the Social Security.
- Assist the P&O Advisor and P&O Business Partners in monthly headcount reporting, grievance, disciplinary investigations, hearings procedures and other P&O projects.
- Ensure Leavers checklist and Exit Interview are completed before the last working day of the resigned and terminated employees.
Skills / Qualifications
- Diploma or Bachelor's degree
- 2-4 years experience in relevant role
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excell, Outlook is required
- Experience in a system Oracle is preferred and Sharepoint is a plus
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Adeherence to confidinateilaity guidelines and the employment law
- Excellent administrative skills
- Strong communication skills
- Team oriented and results focused
- Can do and proactive approach
- Detail oriented and organized
- Commitment to continuous learning and development
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.