Skills: Business Development
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
PORTFOLIO ASSESSMENT & ECONOMIC EVALN
ASST. MANAGER, BUSINESS DEVT ECONOMICS
Primary Purpose of Job
Direct and supervise the creation of project based economic models and specific role based models for evaluating risks for all new Oil & Gas opportunities upstream.
• Minimum 15 years work experience in various disciplines in the Oil & Gas industry. This must include a minimum 10 years with emphasis on business development economic modelling, Oil & Gas fiscals design, optimization modelling, M&A valuations, business negotiation or similar functions.
• Bachelor degree in Economics, Engineering or Business Administration from an internationally recognized university.
• Postgraduate Qualification such as MSc, MBA, PhD, or relevant experience
• Experience with multi-disciplinary expertise ranging from technical to business and economics.
• Expert level around most relevant economic, financial and valuation technics, including ability to compare various methods and recommend best options to senior management
• Experienced on all asset management tools, on how to use and improve such tools and translate such analyses into recommendations.
• Leadership communication skills with ability to report to senior management difficult and complex issues.
• Energy and ability to work within and across teams, to facilitate effective decision-making.
• Evidence of strong work ethic and awareness of discretion and need to observe confidentiality in all matters.
• Excellent problem solving, financial and economic modelling skills as well as ability to work in multi-cultural environment.
• Excellent oral/written communication skills in English are required. Arabic is a plus.
Experience & Skills
• Frequent interaction, both at senior executive and operating levels, will be required to undertake most of the position's activities
• Regular interaction with third parties, including business partners, advisors and other industry market players will also be a key component to the success of this position's objectives.
• Challenges faced by this position are multifaceted, highly complex, unconventional and with no one correct solution requiring a high degree of comprehension and fair judgments.
• The position requires a high level of maturity, experience, confidence as well as solid analytics, business acumen skills. Integrity and ability to manage confidentiality within and outside QP's organization are a must.
Qatar Petroleum is an integrated national oil company (NOC) responsible for the sustainable development of the oil and gas industry in Qatar and beyond.
Qatar Petroleum’s activities encompass the entire spectrum of the oil and gas value chain locally, regionally, and internationally, and include the exploration, refining, production, marketing and sales of oil and gas, liquefied natural gas (LNG), natural gas liquids (NGL), gas to liquids (GTL) products, refined products, petrochemicals, fertilizers, steel and aluminum.
Qatar Petroleum is committed to contribute to a better future by meeting today’s economic needs, while safeguarding our environment and resources for generations to come. Thriving on innovation and excellence, Qatar Petroleum is bound to the highest levels of sustainable human, socio-economic, and environmental development in Qatar and beyond.
For more information, please visit www.qp.com.qa