Skills: HSE Manager / Advisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Louisa, Virginia, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for a HSSE Coordinator to join our Tucker, GA office.
The HSSE Coordinator will provide Health, Safety, Security and Environmental services across a Solar plant construction project located in Louisa, VA.
- Work closely with both the Project team and wider management team on site in delivering a positive culture toward safety
- Undertake job-site inspections, hazard observations, near miss investigations and audits across all operational projects as deemed necessary
- Identify, develop and deliver safety training in areas such as: safety regulation, hazardous conditions, use of tools and equipment etc.
- Ensure company continually remains compliant and informed of industry regulatory changes when it comes to bodies such as OSHA
- Devise and deliver a specialist HSSE training
- Executes integration plan to ensure successful milestone achievement, ensuring alignment with business and company requirements
- Implements initiatives, programs, procedures, reports, permits and trainings across multiple EH&S disciplines, as required to achieve and maintain compliance
- Monitors performance against EH&S regulatory requirements to achieve and maintain conformance
- Supports business practices to achieve and maintain understanding and compliance with EH&S regulations
- Assists and develops materials for EH&S training and communications on subjects required by regulations such as confined space, respiratory protection, compressed gases, electrical safety, ergonomics, etc. to achieve and maintain that procedures are understood and applied
- Coordinates with business partners for EH&S concerns regarding facilities and employee practices
- Organizes and maintains EH&S policies to achieve and maintain compliance with regulations
Skills / Qualifications
- Must have an applicable undergrad degree
- Must have completed OSHA 500 and 510 certifications
- Minimum 3-5 years working directly within the HSSE profession in addition to at least a BSc degree, or equivalent, in health, environment or safety or within a related field
- EPC and/or Civil Construction experience
- OSHA 500
- CSP, ASP, CHST certified is preferred
- Without a degree, must have a minimum of seven (7) years' experience in health, environment and or safety, within the construction industry in a supervisory capacity
- Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.