Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Galway, County Galway, Ireland
Wood Ireland is seeking a Senior Geotechnical Engineer to join our team in our Galway Office. We are an engineering consultancy supporting clients in various industry sectors across a diverse profile of global energy projects. As a member of our growing Galway business you will be involved in the planning and design of Marine Terminal and Renewable Energy infrastructure around the world. These are fast developing areas within the business with very strong potential for future growth.
Experience in marine geotechnical design of infrastructure such as shore crossings, pipelines, jetties, land reclamation, dredging and quay-walls would be an advantage. We are seeking a committed, detail-oriented individual who will be able to utilize their knowledge and experience to support our Renewables and Marine Terminals business.
Wood is a multi-disciplinary global engineering business. Our engineers have access to significant career development prospects and opportunities to travel.
- Provide engineering analysis, design & reporting for projects from Concept design through to FEED and detailed design
- Provide geotechnical input to the design and analytical functions of structures including gravity structures, piled structures, pipelines, cables and shore crossing s
- Specification and procurement support of site investigation works, review of findings and development of design parameters
- Provide detailed evaluation of installation procedure s
- Develop construction and engineering cost estimates
- Inspection and assessment of existing infrastructure
- Mentoring of more junior staff
- Developing geotechnical capabilities within the group
- Providing Project Management with support when required
- Providing support in the preparation of bid and tenders
- Work as an integral team member in a multi-discipline environment
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications
- A relevant degree in Geotechnical, Civil or Geological Engineering (or equivalent)
- Experience in civil, geotechnical or related experience in design of marine/offshore systems
- Experience managing/working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Familiarity with primary geotechnical analysis packages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting as business dictates
- Ability to travel with domestic & international travel required
- The ability to speak English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.