Skills: Maintenance Technician, Electrical Technician
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting an Electrical Technician to join our team on SAGE Terminal in St Fergus. The successful candidate will conduct electrical activities at SAGE site.
Must have / Proven track record of:
- Good knowledge of high voltage (11kV) distribution systems and associated protection equipment
- Knowledge of power generation and AC/DC UPS systems.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - being able to work well within a small team of colleagues and Vendors
- Interpretation of electrical schematic and wiring diagrams
- Fully conversant with maintenance and installation of certified electrical equipment in hazardous areas
- Able to carry out fault finding, installation, isolation and re-instatement of LV and HV equipment
- Organized and methodical in approach to work
- Sound communication skills both written and oral
- Working knowledge of permit to work / ISSOW systems, and isolation procedures
- Work planning, preparation, scheduling and execution.
- Demonstrate an awareness of relevant regulations and associated legislation.
- Assist in the training of apprentices.
- Provide out of hours technical support via a 1 in 4 call out rota
- Working week 4 days - Monday to Thursday.
- Successful applicant will be subject to gaining and maintaining National Security Vetting to BPSS/ CTC level.
Skills / Qualifications
- Completed recognised apprenticeship or equivalent training program
- Tertiary Electrical Engineering Qualification - HNC/ONC/City & Guilds Technicians
- Extensive experience of LV and HV (11kV) Senior Authorized Person responsibilities, preferably in the petrochemical maintenance industry
- Supervisory / Planning experience
- Knowledge of the MAXIMO CMMS system
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.