United Kingdom - Devon, ExeterJob Summary
Are you a Design Engineer with strong analytical skills and experience in technical management and direction of water engineering projects? We have an exciting career role in our established Water team, based in the South West in either Exeter or Bristol.
You will work alongside our project managers and engineers throughout the project design and delivery cycle, taking technical decisions, identifying the need for design resources and specialist input across AECOM and our supply chain. The responsibility of mentoring technical design staff and managing stakeholder expectations will call for knowledge of crucial design processes and for excellent communication skills.
Our Water team has delivered some of the most high-profile projects in the UK, so your projects and clients will be varied and interesting. Examples of our current projects and clients:
Wessex Water - AECOM has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
Thames Water - AECOM has positions across all scales of delivery from Thames Tideway Tunnel to 'runway 2' infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
Severn Trent Water - AECOM has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water's new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Our portfolio of projects in building rapidly.
As a Lead Design Engineer, you will work closely with our Water and other supply discipline teams nationwide. You will be expected to manage project delivery, technical quality, contribute to projects and bids, and interface with clients and collaborators in design and planning. You will seek innovation and drive efficiency.
You will take ownership of key packages of work and see delivery through from conception to handover. Some of these projects will be large-scale and prestigious cv-builders. You will also be required to contribute to and attend industry events and conferences.Minimum RequirementsRequired/Essential Skills & Experience:
Desirable Skills & Experience:
- Ability to coordinate, liaise and engage with clients and key stakeholders
- Provide mentoring, guidance and technical advice to support and supervise junior staff
- Significant experience in managing the technical delivery of large scale water engineering projects with multi-disciplinary knowledge.
- Water and wastewater treatment project experience across feasibility, outline, detailed design, construction support extremely desirable
- Project management experience
- Industry recognised Health and Safety qualifications
Your benefits will include:
- A degree or equivalent in a related engineering subject (e.g. civil, electrical, mechanical) and/or a project management background;
- Membership of a relevant professional chartered institute; for example, ICE
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
UK - Bristol - Portwall PlaceVirtual:
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.