Skills: Business Development
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Business Development Manager with extensive experience in the Automation industry, preferably Pharmaceutical or Food and Beverage sectors. Promoting the company as a supplier of complete system solutions, such as the sales of the company's design, engineering, software development, implementation, installation and commissioning capabilities, and after sales asset management services.
Whilst this role can be based anywhere in the UK, mobility and travel to customer sites and face to face meetings with colleagues will be expected.
Responsibilities / Duties
- Develop a strong understanding of the range of services we provide
- Be inquisitive and fully understand the needs of the client and drivers behind potential projects
- Understand what is needed to produce high quality tenders that are competitive on price and meet the client's needs to win projects
- Initial focus on UK & Ireland accounts with potential for growth into Pan-European geographies
- Working on own initiative to identify new business opportunities within your assigned areas and sectors
- Develop strong relationships with existing clients to further develop existing business opportunities
- Build relationships with our technology partners ensuring a broad knowledge of Automation Platforms to ensure our clients receives the best solution for their application
- Provide feedback from clients on successful and unsuccessful bids alike, highlighting both strengths and how we can improve in the future
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified but not essential depending on experience gained
- As a minimum, we will accept an HNC/D qualification in electrical/electronic engineering, computer/control systems engineering or other appropriate discipline
- Experience of selling turnkey solutions
- Experience of Solutions based selling is a pre-requisite for this role
- Successful track record focused on targets, sales forecasting, prospecting and delivering results
- Experience of working in the system integration sector advantageous
- Capability of developing new business, generating leads, developing business through sales cycle and closing business to achieve targets
- Proven track record of selling control systems based on PLC / HMI / SCADA / DCS / MES / MIS software packages
- A broad industry understanding i.e., knowledge of process control & automation engineering/control, electrical and instrumentation, and asset services
- A proven experience in sales and in the preparation and follow up of high quality proposals
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.