Barrow-in-Furness, England, United Kingdom
Barrow-in-Furness, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Fitter / Turner, Mechanical Technician
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Barrow-in-Furness, England, United Kingdom
Start your Jacobs career with a company that inspires and empowers you to deliver your best work so you can evolve, grow and succeed - today and into tomorrow.
Our Critical Mission Solutions business - we are invested in you and your success. Everything we do - whether Aerospace, Defence, Intelligence, Information Technology, Cybersecurity, Nuclear, Automotive, or Telecommunications - is more than just a project. It is our challenge as human beings, too. That is why we bring a thoughtful and collaborative approach to every one of our partnerships.
It is our promise to challenge the status quo as we redefine how to solve the world's greatest challenges and transform big ideas into intelligent solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
About the opportunity:
• Working as an Mechanical Clerk of works to assure site works are installed in accordance with the reference design and specifications, in compliance with recognised industry practice and applicable codes and standards.
• Work with the Supervisor to Review Principal contractor's safe systems of work and assure that they are adequate, sufficient and suitable for the task being undertaken and that measures are in place to safeguard the client (BAE Systems) personnel and assets.
• Assist the Construction Manager in liaison between the client's Facility, Maintenance, SHE, and Security teams as well as the Principal Contractor to plan and manage any services disruptions and minimise impacts on the clients ongoing business activities
• Mechanical pipe fitter, building services or related trades background
• Recent experience working in a live environment with building services including inter alia: Compressed Air systems, chilled and hot water production and distribution systems, environmental control system as well as natural and process gases.
• Familiar with current regulations, British standards and good industry practices.
• Familiar with the installation methods and safety requirements for testing, commissioning and energising mechanical systems including permit to work systems, Lock out Tag out and safe systems of works.
• Good communication skills and able to work alone or as part of an integrated delivery team.
• Thorough understanding of the CDM regulations, particularly the duties and responsibilities of the Client and employer
• Hours of work: minimum 40 hours per week - flexibility to work where required to support 24 x 7-hour operations on site as part of a team.
• SC clearance essential
We clear the way for inventive thinking so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here.
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.