Skills: Fire Protection
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Flexible on location , United Kingdom
Bureau Veritas is aglobal leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility. Since 1828 we offer innovative solutions that go beyond simplecompliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Our core values includeintegrityandethics,impartiality, customer focusandsafety at workand are Top Employer for the seventh consecutive year.
To act as a senior member of the Consulting Group and to provide day-to-day support on operational delivery of projects on budget and to required quality. Provide a point of reference on technical issues and to assist in the delivery of the Consulting Group business development plan and operating year budget.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support, as required, in the definition of the current and future market, market drivers and service offerings of the Consulting Group
- Support in the development, and play an active role in the delivery, of an annual Consulting Group Plan on business development and sales
- Provide tender responses to client requests for work and input into large bids through the Bid Support Team
- If a project manager or director, ensure that projects are delivered on time and to budget; to manage resources in the delivery of the projects; to undertake regular project reviews
- Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients
- Keep abreast of current legislation, relevant national and international standards and guidelines and technical developments within the relevant field
- Be exemplar in client management and relationship building
- Operate in line with Bureau Veritas Core Values and Code of Ethics
- Track and report on the status of active proposals
- To follow all financial and risk procedures in the delivery of projects
- Support the codification of Consulting Group methodologies
- Ensure that adequate technical tools and facilities are available and maintained to industry standards
- Contribute to a rolling forward Consulting Group order book and forecast to provide visibility of future workload
- Work with Consulting Group Manager to ensure resource plans match the order book demands
- Resolve conflicts on a punctual basis
- Monitor individual utilisation versus targets and actively manage optimal utilisation
- If a project director or manager, to hold project progress and review meetings
- To be able to communicate regularly and effectively the results of BV Solutions; the Consulting Group and strategic BV UK strategies and business priorities
- Ensure full implementation and use of the competency framework
- Ensure - if a line manager - performance appraisals are conducted for Practice consulting staff
- Provide direction and performance management of staff
- Ensure that a safe, environmental and high quality culture exists in the operations of the business
- Take ownership of individual utilisation targets
- Take ownership of delivery of projects to budget
- Delivery of projects to the high quality standards required
- Business Development and proposal targets
- Maintain and own active training records
- Delivery against Key personal and divisional KPIs
Experience & Skills Required:
- Technical consulting background
- Strong analytical and report writing skills
- Ability to encourage others to develop new skills and enhance existing ones
- Ability to think both globally and locally when developing and communicating objectives and strategies
- Strives to improve performance and uses innovative methods to get there
- Detailed and in-depth understanding of commercial risk
- Degree qualified in relevant subject
- Member of a professional institution and Chartered status
Please be aware that all roles within Bureau Veritas UK&I may require a DBS, Credit or Security Clearance Check.
Bureau Veritas isan equal opportunity employer. No job applicant or employee shall receive less favourable treatment because of their gender, marital or civil partnership status, sexual orientation, colour, race, ethnic origin, religion, disability or age.
Bureau Veritas operates a strict Code of Ethics that ensures the proper conduct of our day-to-day business.
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.