ENGIE are recruiting for a passionate, engaging Responsible Business Manager within the Business Services Division. This role will have national scope and can be based at home or any of ENGIE's UK offices. This is a permanent, full-time role working 37.5 hours per week. On offer is a competitive salary, company vehicle or allowance, bonus and benefits package.
ENGIE is committed to leading our sector in responsible business (RB). Our employees have a collective responsibility to work in a responsible and efficient manner, helping to minimise our impact on the environment whilst providing benefits to the economy, our clients, colleagues and the community. All employees are expected to contribute towards our RB Charter and supporting social, health, safety and environmental commitments.
Reporting to the Divisional HR Director, the Responsible Business Manager will be required to actively promote and drive our RB Charter within the Business Services Division. What is your day to day?
Who are you?
- Lead by example in following the company's RB values and objectives
- Support the Division in Making Zero Carbon Happen
- Support the development of strategic objectives for the Division, drive positive change and monitor performance.
- Collaborate closely with the corporate RB and SHEQ team supporting central strategic campaigns and develop Divisional campaigns as appropriate to deliver RB objectives
- Produce RB tender responses for Business Development
- Support new contracts in the set-up, development and delivery of Sustainability Management Plans, activity and reporting during mobilisation and transition and provide operational support as required into BAU
- Identify and deliver RB processes and procedures that suit the operational delivery of the individual sector/portfolio/contract
- Lead RB champions within division - including recruiting, managing and supporting champions, ensuring operational and functional spread across the Division, and leading workshops and conference calls.
- Manage RB reporting - including providing updated progress status against divisional RB targets for the Quarterly Business Review (QBR) and monthly RB reports to the Divisonal Board.
- Identify areas of improvements and innovation and work with the teams to explore and progress any RB opportunities
Who are we?
- Strong interest in Responsible Business and environmental management
- At least three years' experience in responsible business / sustainability / CSR related roles
- Desirable to hold environmental qualifications
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Influential leadership skills with ability to network, inspire and drive RB to deliver a successful outcome
- Excellent analytical skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to balance and prioritise workload to meet expectations and deadlines
- Proactive and self-motivating with a flexible approach
- Broad understanding of the various areas of business including operations, procurement, HR, finance, commercial, business development
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of low carbon energy, services and regeneration.
We combine these activities to enable our customers & stakeholders to embrace a greener, more efficient and increasingly digital world.
Our purpose is to make zero carbon happen for businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland - accelerating the transition towards a net zero carbon world. Our 17,000 employees make this possible by reducing energy consumption, greening supply and enabling progress through innovative technology, data & partnerships. We are also shaping the future of responsible business by reconciling economic performance with a positive impact on people and the planet.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 170,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.1 billion in 2019.
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Posting Date: Feb 19, 2021