ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018. ENGIE are recruiting for a Shift Electrician to be based at Southbank Centre, SE1 8XX. This is a permanent, full time role working on a 4-on, 4-off shift pattern. On offer is a competitive industry salary and high-quality benefits package. Working Hours: 08:00-20:00 Main Duties/Responsibilities:
- Undertake any electrical/mechanical/fabric related works as directed
- Undertake proactive checks / corrective actions to ensure the full operation of the sites
- Ensure contractual services are delivered in such a way that it is possible to achieve agreed PPM, Reactive SLA's and quality targets.
- Undertake AP, CP, RP assessments & carryout tasks as per appointment.
- Maintain a strong customer relationship with client and site management
- Work within SHEQ and H&S guidelines at all times
- Carry out any reasonable request as instructed by line manger
- All tools and uniform required for the role will also be provided by ENGIE. There may also be the opportunity at times for overtime work.
- Be part of an out-of-hours call out rota that covers 7 days a week
Owing to the Covid19 outbreak, ENGIE have been making some adjustments to support you through your candidate journey while keeping you as safe as possible.
All interviews will take place online via video chat or over the phone (platform alteration will be made accordingly) and we are making sizeable provisions in order to support those who can work from home. In the instances where it is absolutely necessary to visit the site and for key workers, all social distancing measures will be strictly observed.
Our dedicated recruitment team is committed to making your job application as stress-free as possible during this time of unprecedented instability, so we encourage you to contact us with any queries you have about the future of your career here at ENGIE. Qualifications, Skills or Required Experience:
- 18th Edition Wiring regs
- Full Electrical apprenticeship (City and Guilds 2360 Parts 1 and 2, OR NVQ Level 3 Including AM2, OR City and Guilds 2330 Levels 2 and 3, OR City and Guilds 2357 Including AM2)
- City and Guilds 2392 (or to have shown competence in Inspection & Testing)
- City and Guilds 2382-10/12 OR 2382-20
- A minimum of five years' experience following qualification including working on various mechanical systems (LTHW/CHWS/BCWS).
- IPAF Certificated for 3a & 3b machines (Desirable, not essential)
Although not crucial a basic understanding of the L8 ACOP would also be beneficial
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role.
ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Feb 16, 2021