Requisition ID: 232561 Requisition Posting End Date: 03/09/2021 Introduction:
Bechtel Enterprises, Inc. (BEn) is the project development, project finance, and investment arm of Bechtel, the world's leading engineering and construction company. BEn provides a depth of services to Bechtel and its clients including project development, financial advisory, and financing services. Key sectors of specialty include Transportation, Smart Infrastructure, Communications, Power and Energy, Oil, Gas & Chemicals, Water, Nuclear, Transmission, and Mining & Metals. We co-develop projects with our partners; provide sovereign and project financing services; support sales and acquisitions of projects, companies, and technologies for Bechtel business units; invest in the development of new technologies; and manage Bechtel ownership interests in projects. We have developed over 70 projects, representing $46 billion in capital costs, and have helped arrange over $54 billion in financing for Bechtel projects. Bechtel Enterprises is headquartered in Reston, Virginia and has offices in Houston, London, Singapore, and Washington, D.C. It is comprised of more than 35 professionals. Bechtel is privately owned with more than 38,000 employees around the world. Primary Responsibilities:
Within a team environment, the Associate works on a range of assignments in support of project development in Infrastructure sectors including Transportation, Digital Infrastructure, Smart Cities, Telecommunications and other related market segments. Responsibilities within the team include:
- Supporting strategic positioning and origination of project development opportunities in key market sectors.
- Screening and evaluating project opportunities, conducting due diligence, assisting in negotiating joint development agreements, obtaining corporate approvals and developing projects with our development partners.
- Preparation, coordination, and timely submission of all deliverables required inactive project development pursuits, project bids and project financing including preparing qualifications and proposals, reviewing commercial agreements, and analyzing potential financing, development and partnership structures.
- Other development activities including financial and economic analysis and modeling of potential projects, permitting, site control negotiations, and project financing.
Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
- An MBA or other related advanced degree is strongly preferred along with 5 years of experience.
- Demonstrated interest in Infrastructure development.
- Experience in project development, investment, finance, project management, engineering, procurement, or construction is preferred.
- The candidate is expected to have a command of finance theory and the ability to apply theoretical concepts to practical issues and decisions in business.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other quantitative analysis tools.
- The ability to perform quantitative analysis independently is critical.
- Eagerness to help Bechtel identify and seize new business opportunities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Foreign language skills and work experience in multiple countries are beneficial.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.