Requisition ID: 232666 Requisition Posting End Date: 02/08/2021
Reporting to the Global Manager of Talent Management, the Talent Management Program Manager - Succession, is a subject matter expert offering insight and leading practices to drive change across the business in the development and continuous improvement of the enterprise-wide succession management strategy and program.
As a member of the Community of Expertise (COE) team the role sees success in partnering with business leaders, HR, and cross-functional teams to design, develop, and oversee the company's succession management strategy and program, ensuring that they are integrated throughout the company and aligned with enterprise priorities. Key Responsibilities:
- Designing, monitoring, and updating enterprise-wide succession management strategy
- Analyzing data from internal and external research utilizing tools, metrics, and statistical knowledge to interpret and recommend solutions
- Leveraging employee feedback and company culture, when translating innovative solutions to support the company's overall succession strategy
- Using best practice teamed with practicality to identify business need for continuous improvement of the succession management program, reviewing periodically and recommending adjustment
- Accomplishing goals by monitoring team results and partnering with internal and external stakeholders (key leadership and Human Resources) to create succession strategies and plans that align to business objectives
- Developing the business case for program changes, establishing conceptual program requirements and planning budget for obtaining required funding
- Ongoing research of leading external practices, maintaining strong SME networks (conference boards, professional memberships) in assisting development of internal capability
- Setting clear direction and accountable for overall program implementation
- Subject advisor/coach to broader HR organization and the business
- Evaluating vendors and existing system capabilities
- Providing input in selection/design of relevant and robust assessment tools for talent identification, and ensuring consistent application across the business
- Partnering with other Human Resources specialists and managers to ensure alignment and linking of succession management with other Human Resources initiatives (e.g. retention strategies, acquisition strategies, competencies)
- Coordinating with relevant departments to identify major business unit changes/challenges impacting talent
- Evaluating program metrics, documenting results to use in refining program and end user experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Business, Psychology or other relevant discipline from an accredited university as well as a minimum of fifteen (15) years' relevant experience, or in the absence of a degree, five (5) additional years of experience.
- Advanced research and market based practical knowledge of Succession Management in a global organization
- Track record of successfully creating, launching and leading "world-class" Succession Management/Planning program/s in a global company (engineering/construction or similar heavy industry highly regarded)
- Well developed stakeholder engagement and management skills, ability to influence without authority and negotiate effectively
- Strong project management skills with ability to prioritise conflicting demands, deal with complexity and manage multiple deliverables
- Working efficiently with the root cause of any situation, remaining open to all ideas and options that will achieve the best results for end user and the company
- Role models developing and maintaining strong internal and external customer relationships with a long term and partnership focus rather than transactional 'project based' approach. Proactively builds a professional network
- Ability to contribute to a positive culture, encouraging collaboration, teamwork, inclusion of people, and diversity of thought across networks
- Always seeks out others opinions and input where relevant, and is open-minded to their views. Challenges others appropriately, and open to being challenged on their own views
- Excellent executive presence, credible with employees at every level, develops relationships built on trust, integrity, and approachability
- Shows resilience when faced with challenges, obstacles and setbacks. Comfortable with change and ambiguity. Provides positive reinforcement and keeps morale high, while ensuring the team is focused on core priorities
- Skilled at communicating openly, in a timely manner with customers and colleagues, actively seeking out feedback and listening to concerns
Successful applicants must have the legal right to live, work and remain in the United States of America without requiring company sponsorship. No relocation is authorized for this position. International business trips would be a requirement of the position. Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.