Skills: IT - Software Development
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Billerica, Massachusetts, United States
The team at Panametrics, a Baker Hughes business designs and manufactures a range of sensing instrumentation and sensors that are utilized in a vast array of market segments. Panametrics is looking for a Lead Firmware Engineer to work collaboratively with Global cross functional teams to develop state of the art, next-generation industrial sensing products, solutions and platforms. Key responsibilities include requirements definition, documentation, architecture, design, algorithm development and validation.
Essential Functions (Responsibilities):
- Lead the execution of product design, validation, and certification of industrial grade embedded systems
- Evaluate system level requirements by brainstorming with Product Specialists, Product Managers, and other peers throughout the organization
- Perform cross platform development of C/C++ code while maintaining code quality through best practices and code quality automation
- Develop system architectures for multi-channel data acquisition and signal processing products
- Support sustaining activities across a broad product portfolio
- Support the creation and implementation of process-driven design decisions (CPO; NPI and NTI; Operations, Sales, and Service support)
- Bachelor's degree (minimum) in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or equivalent from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years' experience with developing embedded C/C++ applications for embedded operating systems such as Linux, QNX Neutrino, Micrium ΜC/OS, etc. on ARM targets.
- Experience with the Zynq Ultrascale+ MPSoC architecture, design workflow, Xilinx's SDK and Peta Linux tools.
- Hands-on experience with tools like Git, SVN.
- Proficient in using softwares/hardware debugging techniques.
- Experience with Industrial communication protocols like HART, Foundation Fieldbus, OPC UA and MQTT is a plus.
- Experienced with serial communications including RS232, RS485, Modbus, I2C and SPI.
- Experience with the Peta Linux/Yocto design workflow.
- Knowledge of network protocols such as TCP/IP, Sockets, Ethernet stack, etc.
- Experience with real-time implementation of Signal Processing algorithms.
- Experience working directly with external vendor(s) to integrate and troubleshoot issues with chips and drivers.
- Familiarity with Dev tools like IAR's Embedded Workbench IDE, JIRA, Rally, Confluence, Jenkins.
- Familiarity with reading electrical schematic and PCB layout designs. Capable of hardware debugging at board level using oscilloscope, bus analyzers, digital multimeters, etc.
- Effective communicator within technical and non-technical environments capable of concise and effective written and verbal communication.
- Practical experience with design of industrial products.
- Demonstrated leadership skills with the ability to perform in a team environment, across functions, and with customer and suppliers.
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient.
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.