Skills: Energy / Commodity Trading
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
- Collaborating with the Oil Derivatives team on various trading strategies in the Oil market.
- Participating in the development of a Gas hub to Oil trading activity to extract maximum value from various optionality in the Gas portfolio.
- Designing, Testing and Documenting models for the Oil Derivatives Team.
- Collaborating with other functions in choosing and validating models.
- Trading on own speculative portfolio within assigned limits.
- Maintaining oil related curves for internal market making purpose.
- Advise the Gas Portfolio pricing team regarding longer term/strategic risk management.
Starting from 1 January 2021, EGEM is active in the international trading of gas, power, CO2 (as a single interface between Eni and the markets), LNG and oil derivatives. It is a global, integrated approach designed to make the most of Eni's network of contacts and wide asset portfolio. In turn, EGEM helps to optimise the management of Eni's assets, promoting collaboration within the organisation and devising advanced risk-management solutions. EGEM enhances Eni's unique position as a European leader in the gas sector, acting as a specialised hub for trading and commodity risk management. EGEM is mainly engaged in trading operations, on both physical and financial energy commodity markets (mainly gas, power, LNG and CO2 emissions). The use of portfolio flexibility in Asset Backed Hedging activities; the provision of services for the management of commodity price risk to the divisions and companies of the Eni Group; and the trading of CO2 certificates to meet the needs of Eni Group companies.
As a member of EGEM you will be responsible for:
- Collaborate with trading team colleagues to devise trading strategies where risk/reward is clearly identified;
- Develop a deep understanding of Eni's Gas Portfolio, and work closely with the Portfolio Manager and Portfolio Pricing team in order to extract maximum value from the flexibility embedded within the Portfolio
- Curve maintenance, trade booking, systems development to ensure the IT platform remains fit-for-purpose
- Report regularly to senior management on market developments, trading decisions and strategy, P&L moves, budgeting and medium term fundamental views.
- Work closely with Middle Office regarding risk reporting methodology and P&L.
- Establish relationships with colleagues from related teams to understand physical/contractual market constraints that may affect trading.
This is the opportunity for you if you have these skills and requirements :
- Some years of experience in Oil trading (ideally in a company with substantial Oil assets) or financial commodity trading with an established trading company.
- An established network of industry contacts
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills; a background in cross-commodity Energy a plus
- Highly motivated self-starter with a drive to make money
- Strategic thinking, decisiveness and risk awareness;
- Well-organized and a strong attention to detail;
- Result oriented approach and ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines;
- Work autonomously as well as collaboratively with the team;
- Excellent communication and influencing skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills with a high level of flexibility and open mindedness;
- proven ability to build and develop the relationships with the business client and external customers;
- Willingness to travel between EGEM offices in London, Brussels, Singapore, Milan & Rome, also visit overseas counterparties/attend industry conferences as required.
- Full command of English (written and spoken), proficiency in Italian will be beneficial.
At Eni, people are the key to our success, which is why our values are focused on diversity, and lifelong learning.
Eni evaluates applications regardless of candidates' personal and cultural characteristics or orientations. If your application is among those most in line with the required profile, you will be contacted to continue the selection process .
Together we have greater energy.
Welcome to Eni – and your future with a dynamic global business that operates across the entire energy supply chain. Eni’s 30,000 employees can be found on virtually every continent. Throughout the 67 countries we operate in, we work on some of the most significant energy projects in the world.
Our activities span oil and natural gas exploration, field development and production, as well as the supply, trading and shipping of natural gas, LNG, electricity, fuels and chemical products.
We’ve grown dramatically since our beginnings in 1953, but we’ve stayed true to our roots in many ways. Today we may be one of the largest companies in Italy and among the world’s most successful oil and gas companies in exploration, but our culture remains genuinely people-focused. Our values of respect, integrity and sustainability guide every aspect of our operations.
As for the future, we’re adapting to rapidly shifting market conditions as we complete our transformation into a fully integrated oil and gas company. Through our strong commitment to digitalisation and decarbonisation, Eni will continue to create sustainable value within this changing energy landscape.
We’re not only one of the world’s most successful energy companies — we pride ourselves on being a dynamic and exciting place to work as well. If you join us, you’ll play a key role in shaping the energies of the future.
At Eni you’ll enjoy a progressive, inclusive and forward-thinking environment, and a wide range of benefits and rewards. We care about our people's growth, which is why we invest in talent and offer development pathways to give everyone the same opportunity to flourish with us.
Reasons to join us
- Take on exciting challenges: Eni's focus is on big and ambitious projects. You'll take on challenging but rewarding work to help us extract energy at depths never reached before.
- A multicultural working environment: You’ll join a dynamic setting with cutting-edge facilities, the latest technology, and a rich and interesting mix of people from all backgrounds and specialisms.
- Make a difference in the world: Our purpose extends further than supplying energy to power the world. Sustainable development and respect for the environment is at the heart of everything that we do.
- Training and career growth: We provide training opportunities at the highest standard and encourage self-development, both in a personal capacity and a professional one.
- Compensation and incentive programmes: We reward you for your commitment and success through our competitive compensation policy, which is bespoke to each location’s local regulations.
- Pension programmes: Depending on your location, you could enrol in one of our contributory pension programmes.