Skills: Geoscientist, Environmental Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Wood is seeking a Environmental Engineer / Geoscientist to join our Canadian Resilient Environments team based in Ottawa, Ontario .
Our business is evolving at an incredible pace creating awesome career opportunities for those taking the next step in their career journey. We constantly embrace change and never stand still; as a result, we are on the search for our next generation of brilliant employees .
As an Intermediate level environmental practitioner, you will be an integral part of our team. Y our career journey will be one of learning, discovery, and development. You will drive your own career, get involved in the action from the word go, take on complex challenges and share innovative ways of working. You will have the opportunity to make a real impact with an organization that genuinely cares about industry challenges and to making a difference in the communities in which we operate .
- Management / coordination , technical support and writing of Phase I and II ESA s, Baseline ESAs, monitoring programs, peer reviews and remediation projects.
- Support of transactional due diligence projects and portfolios including technically demanding projects with multidisciplinary teams and tight timelines.
- Proposal preparation and support.
- L iaison with clients, regulators, and subcontractors .
- Supply technical expertise on a variety of permitting, regulatory and environmental impact assessment tasks in support of client projects.
- Lead environmental impact assessments.
- Project management:
- Manage ESAs and monitoring programs including groundwater, surface water, landfill gas, soil vapour, etc. as well as other consulting projects as required .
- Collaborate with technical leads on the development of work plans for projects.
- Manage project forecasts, budgets, schedules, costing, and changes to ensure projects are delivered on target.
- Work on multiple projects, to support execution of scope/budget/schedule to meet client's expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
- Execute activities such as technical writing, data and regulatory research and review, collection, and integration of input from Wood's subject matter experts, environmental management plans, and development of recommendations for clients.
- Build strong collaborative relationships with other Wood employees worldwide.
- Support typical project assignments which include researching regulatory or technical requirements and writing reports and proposals .
Skills / Qualifications
- U ndergraduate degree required
- Profe ssional Engineer (P.Eng.) or Professional Geoscientist ( P.Geo . ) designation required .
- Minimum of f ive years consulting experience required .
- Ability to manage a variety of projects concurrently while meeting challenging deadlines.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team .
- Experience writing proposals, specifications, case studies, technical and non-technical reports .
- Solid understanding of provincial and federal regulatory requirements acquired through experience and education.
- Strong organization and planning skills.
- Strong research and technical writing skills.
- Proficient with use of MS Office.
- Possession of valid driver's license required ; and
- Possession of or eligibility to obtain security clearance required .
- Strong English communication skills essential.
- Strong F rench communication and experience in Quebec regulatory environment a significant asset .
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.