Skills: Environmental, Safety & Training, HSE Auditing, HSE Manager / Advisor
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) has an opportunity for a junior / intermediate level EHS Data Manager / Survey Coordinator to support an ongoing asset management / EHS compliance program. The program focus is asbestos data management, but may also include management of water quality data and other hazardous material data. If you have strong organizational skills, attention to detail and are versed in maintaining EHS data in existing spreadsheets and client-specific online applications, this opportunity may be for you.
Reporting to the Burnaby Group Manager and individual Project Managers, your responsibilities will include, but not necessarily be limited to:
- Data collection, entry and review.
- Maintaining and updating data as facility assets change.
- Functioning as central resource for client and program specific information.
- Assisting in the development of inspection surveys based on data gaps.
- Coordinating site access for inspection surveys conducted by others.
- Coordinating sample collection and submission to analytical laboratories, and subsequent tracking of results and invoices.
- Assisting in the preparation of site-specific safety plans using existing project templates.
- Serving as the central check-in for field crews.
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum of 1 year experience maintaining EHS data in spreadsheets / online applications
- Hazardous Materials Management or Environmental diploma / certificate an asset.
- Experience in health and safety / hazardous materials / environmental assessments / monitoring an asset.
- Strong computer skills (e.g., Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Enthusiasm and commitment to technical excellence.
- Strong interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt and work in a team environment as well as independently.
- Flexibility with respect to remote work and travel.
- Have a personal vehicle and valid driver's license.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.