Skills: CAD / CAM
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wood Resilient Environments (Wood) is seeking an Intermediate / Senior CAD Technologist to support our bridge teams in Calgary and Edmonton. The ideal candidate will be an energetic, self-motivated professional with experience in preparing construction drawings for bridge, structural and transportation projects. Ideally, the successful candidate should have a minimum of 5 years of experience - and will possess a thorough understanding of AutoCAD.
The successful candidate will be responsible for drawing preparation from conceptual details to working layout drawings for a variety of projects. Drawings include detailed bridge plans, design cross sections, alignments and profiles. Other tasks may include CAD support to project engineers/managers with report preparation and technical presentations.
Skills / Qualifications
- Engineering Design & Drafting Technology diploma from a recognized community college
- Minimum - 5 years of experience in Transportation or Bridge drafting
- Experience with AutoCAD Civil 3D and Bentley MicroStation is an asset
- Preparing functional/preliminary/detailed/construction drawings
- Knowledge of Alberta Transportation and City of Calgary bridge drafting standards is required
- Coordinating project drawings with project managers, CAD staff and others
- Performing shop drawing reviews
- Assisting in general office drawing production needs
- Ensuring that project needs are met in a timely and effective manner
- Good organizational, technical, writing, communication and computer skills
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively in a team environment
- Ability to handle challenges and work under tight deadlines
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.