Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 80 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 20,000 team members and 600 locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit weatherford.com for more information or connect on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter , Instagram , or YouTube .
We're looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor - Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. Responsibilities
In this role you will have primary responsibility for assessing the extent of injuries or medical illnesses to determine emergency medical treatment. You will administer emergency care, establish and maintain emergency treatment to patients and you may transport patients by air, land or water to hospital (or other medical facility for further medical care). Day to day you will document and record the nature of injuries and illnesses and treatment provided as well as maintaining emergency care equipment and supplies. Key Responsibilities:
- Address Health issues at the time of their identification
- Ensure compliance with company HSSE policies, support personal and take time out for safety, when necessary
- Being responsible for the administration and implementation of the Health management system.
- Initiate, lead and participate in safety discussions, safety drills and inspections of all facilities including kitchens
- Assist the HSE Advisors to monitor the annual HSE plans and HSE objectives.
- Participate in safety meetings and toolbox talk to ensure QHSE hazard identification and uniform approach to hazard management.
- Assist HazMat Advisor by keeping an up to date register of MSDS of all chemicals used by Wft.
- Attend site tour meeting and assist managers / supervisors with information and advice on any Health related issues.
- Physically check and restock all first aid kits with records, chemical shower and eyewash stations.
- Assist the QHSE Manager in the development and implementation of Emergency Response Prepareness.
- File and maintain all patient treatment; medical equipment and authorized medications issue records.
- Assist with incident investigations including reporting and close out of recommended actions
- Maintain the labor register for occupational injury and sickness and ensure all personnel records are up to date for labor medicine.
- Provide emergency treatment to sick and injured personnel in conjunction with MCC / MCG when required.
- To ensure there are conventions in place for emergency medical providers and labor medicine that are in compliance with labor law.
- Ensure that the operation has enough trained first aid volunteers.
- Complete hygiene checks on Weatherford subcontractor catering providers and arrange for food samples to be sent for analysis when required in accordance with Algerian law and Weatherford Algeria requirements.
- Update the QHSE Manager on medical outbreaks and emergency information for Algeria (typhoid, meningitis, etc)
- Maintaining adequate supplies of medicine when necessary and medical equipment.
- Provide campaigns for improved health for matters associated with diet, exercise, Ramadan, heat exhaustion, the heart, stroke recognition etc
- Attend departmental safety meetings and promote health issues on relevant subjects.
- Provide medical guidance for risk assessment
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements.
- Minimum 3-7+ years related experience with demonstrated competencies.
- Must have Emergency Medical Technician (EMT) Certification
- Skill in oral and written communication French, Arabic and English and the preparation of monthly reports
- Communication skills with all departments
- Oral presentation skills and training.
- Competence with computers.
- Requires a high level of confidentiality.
- Local emergency response team member.