Skills: Financial Analyst, Budget / Cost Control, Project Controls
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Aberdeen, Scotland, United Kingdom
Wood is currently recruiting for a Cost Controller with extensive experience in the oil and gas petrochemical industry, to be based anywhere in the UK.
The main objective of this staff role is to provide specialist Cost Control expertise for the ongoing development and global roll out of Wood's Project Controls System.
This role involves working as part of a specialist team with responsibility for ensuring the Cost Control and Cost Management aspects of Project Controls are delivered in accordance with Wood's global processes and procedures.
The role combines both Cost Control theoretical knowledge and computer systems understanding to ensure Wood's Project Controls System is developed, maintained, implemented and embedded effectively.
This role involves overseas travel.
- Can act as a Project Controls System Focal point / Functional Expert for Cost Control.
- Act as Cost Control Focal Point to ensure the successful implementation of Cost Control for new system deployments.
- Have a good working awareness of Planning, Work Management and Estimating processes and procedures.
- Assist with supporting Project Controls personnel based in multiple locations.
- Providing expert knowledge on more complex\technical issues relating to Cost Control.
- Promote Wood's global Cost Control processes and procedures and ensure these are being adhered to on contracts.
- Responsible for conducting requirements gathering on new regions and parts of the business with a view to making recommendations on how systems would be best used.
- Mentor junior Cost team members.
- Engaging other technical teams as appropriate to escalate and resolve problems received from business users.
- Deliver training to end users on the use of Wood's Project Controls Systems.
- Assisting with the design, testing and sign-off of additional functionality / new features with the system.
- Day to day system support queries
- Responsible for personal safety and working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood HSE processes.
- Responsible for working within the provisions and guidelines of the Wood Quality Assurance systems and processes.
Skills / Qualifications
- Successful implementation of Cost Control application and processes on new contracts within Wood.
- Issues shall be highlighted, recorded and actioned where necessary and escalated if appropriate in a timely manner.
- Define & articulate functional improvements to systems
- Collaborate with other departments (internal and external) where required.
- Maintain high levels of confidentiality and information security, complying with the relevant legislation and company's relevant policies and procedures.
- Motivate and inspire other team members
- Excellent customer facing skills
- Ability to deliver work under pressure
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Team working with hands on and proactive approach
- Ability to deal with changing priorities for the team
- Strong problem-solving skills
Minimum Experience and Qualifications:
- Degree in relevant technical or business discipline or can be substituted by suitable industry experience
- knowledge of Cost Control - Forecasting, Phasing, Change Control, VOWD, Earned Value, etc
- Demonstrable aptitude in understanding Information Systems
- Strong data analysis and problem-solving skills
- Understanding of Cost Control, Estimating, Change control, Risk analysis and Planning.
- Strong skills required in Microsoft Office - Particularly in excel
- Previous experience of working with an integrated project controls system
Experience with Oracle or other ERP Tool - Project Accounting and Supply Chain modules primarily
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.