Skills: Design Engineer
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: West Palm Beach, Florida, United States
Wood has a long tradition delivering Transmission and Design projects globally to a wide and established client base. Due to recent growth we are expanding our resources through the South East of America to provide enhanced local support to our customers.
Wood currently have an exciting opportunity for a Substation Design Engineer. Reporting to the Substation Lead Engineer, this position is located in our West Palm Beach, office. If you are looking to strengthen and enhance your skills, thrive on challenges in a fast-paced environment and are looking for that next step in the growth of your career, this is the opportunity for you.
- Support designing electrical substations of 12 to 500 kV
- Prepare electrical design deliverables including one-line diagrams, general arrangements and sections for major substation equipment, bus work, HV structures, associated hardware and grounding
- Ensures quality in design, technical accuracy in the preparation of drawings, material quantities, etc including reviewing others work
- Support reviewing vendor documents against project requirements and specifications
- Preparing material take-offs for all substation electrical equipment and hardware
- Preparing engineering documents, calculations, and specifications
- Supporting field inspections
- Traveling and visiting client sites from project definition through construction
Skills / Qualifications
- Minimum ISCED level 5 short-cycle tertiary education in engineering, preferably electrical engineering
- 5+ years of electrical engineering experience in a Transmission and Distribution Utility or EPC organization designing substations
- Proven experience with delivery of Transmission and Distribution engineering solutions is considered an asset
- Experience with substation design standards including - ANSI/IEEE/NEMA
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- FPL experience and local utility experience (Central Florida) is considered an asset
- Driving License
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.