Company: NES Fircroft
Experience: 15 + Years
Education: Masters Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Contractor
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Our client, a large oil and gas company, is currently seeking a Senior Tax Analyst to join the Calgary, AB headquarters. The successful candidate will be responsible for managing the day to day aspects of the Company's international tax planning, compliance and audits. The Senior Tax Analyst will also provide assistance with domestic tax matters. The Senior Tax Analyst is an important role that is responsible for ensuring the Company's continued compliance with tax legislation along with providing strategic tax guidance for the Company's business operations.
This will be a contract position starting ASAP-May 2021.
Responsibilities for this position may include but are not limited to:
• Lead the preparation of all international tax compliance, including surplus, FAPI, Safe Income and Upstream loan calculations.
• Responsible for the coordination of international tax audits.
• Assist with the Company's financing structure and provide strategic advice on evolving international taxation.
• Assist in tax planning initiatives.
• Provide assistance with domestic tax matters.
• Mentor Tax Analysts.
• Monitor changes in tax legislation and determine their impact on the Company.
• Liaise with various internal teams on tax issues as required.
• Manage relationships with tax authorities and external advisers.
• A minimum of 15 years of Canadian corporate income tax experience.
• International tax experience.
• Professional accounting designation and completion of the CICA In-Depth.
• Strong technical and research skills.
• Proven ability to analyze and understand complex situations quickly and develop practical, appropriate solutions to resolve high impact issues. Must be flexible and able to adapt to changing work priorities and deliver high quality, accurate work with multiple deadlines.
• Demonstrates pro-active, collaborative approach with ability to build positive relationships within department and organization.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with management and staff.
• Strong computer skills.
• Well organized with the ability to manage multiple priorities and tight deadlines.
• Must be a highly motivated individual who will show initiative and is focused on achieving results.
• Demonstrated commitment to behavioral based safety programs and ensuring incident and injury free working conditions.
• Must be legally eligible to work in Canada.
With over 90 years' combined experience, NES Fircroft (NES) is proud to be the world's leading engineering staffing provider spanning the Oil & Gas, Power & Renewables, Infrastructure, Life Sciences, Mining, Automotive and Chemicals sectors worldwide.With more than 100 offices in 45 countries, we are able to provide our clients with the engineering and technical expertise they need, wherever and whenever it is needed. We offer contractors far more than a traditional recruitment service, supporting with everything from securing visas and work permits, to providing market-leading benefits packages and accommodation, ensuring they are safely and compliantly able to support our clients.