The Expert will be an integral part of the AM&IP team, which provides research insights into future product needs and solutions for sustainable mobility and manufacturing to inform future product design and business opportunities. The team also provides access to battery and electric vehicle testing capability, and is developing increased capability in electrical charging and electric vehicle systems and modellingYour accountabilities will include:
- To drive the development and delivery of bp's charging infrastructure research workstreams in support of the bp ultra-fast charging strategy.
- Act as Technology lead for new market entries as required including design and development of fast charging (150 kW+) EV networks for passenger cars and trucks in line with market needs.
- Design and implementation of micro-grid systems at bp facilities (e.g. Pangbourne) to enable research and development activities linked to EV ultra-fast charging.
- Technical lead for developing electrical hardware, cooling systems and working with the broader team to implement integrated fluid solutions for off-board hardware such as charging units and stationary energy storage (which will be investigated in the future as a potential solution to mobility fleets).
- Working with FM&S and bp Chargemaster to provide the technical insights and expertise to allow identification of innovative business opportunities within Electrification and Mobility.
- Working with the team to develop simulation models to optimise micro-grid systems for EV charging stations.
You will be degree qualified (or similar) in Electrical / Energy Systems Engineering and possess a depth of relevant experience gained from working on charging and energy infrastructure technologies.
Proven capacity for developing and implementing electrical infrastructure, microgrid technology and simulation - likely gained in an electrical supply utility company or electrical systems technology / consulting role.
Effective at building and maintaining strategic partnerships and highly effective at interacting with customers and when leading projects with internal stakeholders, 3rd parties and OEM's. Experience of working closely with marketing teams for the development of technology strategies, offers and for exploring new business.
It would beneficial if you have knowledge and understanding of electrical energy requirements for data centres and other potential non-vehicle-related applications with a view to identifying business opportunities.So, if you are looking for an exciting and purposeful technology driven challenge, there is no time like now! Join a team of diverse and forward-thinking engineers who sit firmly at the heart of innovation and technology - advancing bps agenda towards a net zero world. The Opportunity
We are delighted to offer this newly created opportunity for an Expert Technologist, Electrical Infrastructure & Grids
to come and join us as bp's subject matter expert - to lead in the technology, hardware and software of electrical charging and micro-grids for electrified vehicles.
The role sits within the Advanced Mobility & Industrial Products (AM&IP) group - they support a significant portion of the Castrol business which has an RCOP ~ $1bn. It undertakes scientific research and delivers technology innovation to provide driveline, electric vehicle (EV) and Industrial (grease, metalworking fluids, robotics/wind gear oils etc.) product technology to Castrol and its customers. Providing technology leadership and execution in these product areas to deliver Castrol's product simplification and cost competitiveness agenda.