Skills: Waste Management, Warehouse Person
Experience: 3 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hampton, Virginia, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutiions is seeking a Hazardous Waste Technician to perform a variety of waste handling/management and warehousing duties for hazardous and non-hazardous waste in a
Such duties require the ability to implement environmental regulations, perform limited emergency response procedures, knowledge of hazardous waste products and safety regulations, and the skill to ensure proper management, temporary storage and/or handling of hazardous wastes.
- Ensure that all waste materials are picked up from client facilities within 72 hours of notification. Contacts facility personnel to assist with coordination and pickup.
- Perform pickup of materials according to schedule in a timely manner.
- Transport and package waste material according to all DOT, EPA, OSHA and client requirements.
- Perform waste sampling and consolidation; operate and maintain equipment, such as pumps; operate a forklift and any other equipment as needed; perform inspections of facility and vehicle.
- Fill out paperwork, labels, chains of custody in a complete, accurate and neat manner. Maintain inventory of stored materials.
- Comply with company, State, and/or Federal rules as they apply to security, transportation, safety, medical, time-keeping and personnel procedures.
Skills / Qualifications
- High School Diploma
- In order to satisfy initial training requirements, the employee shall complete RCRA training, site specific training with the Integrated Spill Contingency Plan, DOT Training and obtain 24-hour HAZWOPER certification within three months after the date of appointment to this position.
- Ability to operate computers using Microsoft Word, Excel and other software.
- Maintain and possess at all times, all licenses and permits to operate vehicles, forklifts and other equipment required.
- On an annual basis, the employee shall complete appropriate medical monitoring, receive RCRA training, site specific training with the Integrated Spill Contingency Plan, and obtain an 8-hour refresher in HAZWOPER training. The employee shall also receive DOT training every three years of appointment to this position.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.