Skills: Mechanical Engineering, Rotating Equipment, Process Technician
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Malabo, Bioko Norte, Equatorial Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Mechanical Engineer with extensive power generation or process plants experience to join the team in Equatorial Guinea.
On a normal rotational basis, the working rotation would be 28 x 28, but due to the COVID situation extended rotations are presently being worked.
The appointed engineer will ensure the correct operation of turbogenerators and mechanical auxiliary equipment by applying the manufacturer's recommendations, best engineering practices and troubleshooting on said equipment.
- Ensure compliance with the preventive / predictive maintenance plan on mechanical equipment according OEM and best engineering practices.
- Ensure the timely intervention of operational equipment in case of failure (corrective maintenance).
- Coordinate multidisciplinary teams of root cause analysis applied to mechanical faults.
- Prepare technical reports related to preventive and corrective actions.
- Prepare the scope of work for mechanical projects to be contracted according to the annual plan and approved budget.
- Ensure efficient supervision and leadership over the Mechanical team.
- Develop on-site training plan for the mechanics team.
- Ensure a proper coaching and mentoring to the mechanical team.
- Ensure compliance with the policies and regulations of health, safety and environment of the company (Hexagon, MEGPL and Turbogas).
- Ensure compliance and ethical policies of the company (Hexagon, MEGPL and Turbogas).
- Propose and develop plant improvement projects.
- Participate in the annual maintenance plan elaboration.
- Examine needs on new equipment, calculate costs and prepare budgets.
#rz #ZR #wood18
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor in mechanical Engineering degree
- Extensive power generation plants or process plants experience
- Microsoft office including MS Project
- Problem analysis and decision making
- Root cause analysis
- Fr3 / Fr6 Gas Turbines
- Centrifugal pumps
- Rotary air compressors
- Alignment on rotating equipment
- Fin fan coolers
- Vibration / Lube oil analysis understanding
- Siemens-Typhoon Turbogenerators
- Mechanical drawings / P&ID interpretation
- Load gearboxes
- Valves (ball, butterfly, gate, etc)
- Heat exchangers
- ASME, ANSI standards
- On site trainning for Mecahnical team
- Plant shutdowns, Major inpection planning
Person specific skills:
- Spanish / English speaker
- Stress control
- Good interpersonal relationships
- Strong organizational and communication skills
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.