Skills: Commissioning Engineer / HUC
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Wood is currently recruiting for a PMC Commissioning Manager with robust experience in Commissioning and Operation of Oil and Gas Industry, and specifically in Refinery Plant, both Brown Field and Grass Root environment.
The Commissioning Manager represents Wood and shall ensure that Commissioning Contractors' activities comply with all aspects of Contract, Schedule, Quality, Health, Safety, Environment and Security (HSES) policy, Site regulations, and Client requirements.
- Manage, support, implements effective and safe pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and performance tests of the scope of work
- Ensure compliance of EPC Contractor with Contract requirement on pre-commissioning, commissioning, startup and performance tests
- Ensure compliance of EPC Contractor Commissioning schedule with Project Schedule and milestones achievement.
- Liaise with EPC Construction team and Commissioning team in order to ensure smooth, and quality transition at the time of Mechanical Completion
- Interface and interact with Client Operation team and EPC Contractor commissioning team in order to ensure flawless transition from Construction to Operation and Production phase
- Liaise with Client and EPC Contractor teams in order to facilitate good communication between all parties involved
- Ensure Project compliance with Safety rules and regulations during the Commissioning and Startup phase
- Review the detailed EPC Contractor Commissioning schedule for compliance with Contract, and ensure safe implementation on field tasks.
- Review and implement pre-commissioning documentation, including pre-commissioning procedures, check sheets, etc.
- Ensure presence of all resources necessary to perform all Commissioning required activities and tests
- Plan, and supervise execution of EPC Contractor Commissioning activities in according with Project standards and requirements
- Ensure that EPC Contractor manpower is adequate and allocated to complete all activities, optimizing costs and timing of finalization
- Proficient in monitoring technical activities in order to identify, isolate, analyze and troubleshoot problems occurred in field of scope of work
- Verify and support implementation of systemization criteria in construction finalization of scope of work
- Verify and ensure conformity of construction scope of work related to process implementation and functional equipment erected in system and subsystems
- Attend, generate, follow and expedite Construction Punch List closing in strict compliance with specifications and in accordance with Punch List Procedure
- Ensure compliance of Units / systems commissioning progress and productivity and develop corrective action plans
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor Degree in Mechanical Engineering or Process Technology
- 10 years' experience in Commissioning manager role
- Extensive experience in Commissioning and Operation of Oil and Gas Industry, and specifically in Refinery Plant, both Brown Field and Grass Root environment
- Experience in PMC
- Fluent in English
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in consulting and engineering across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world’s most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 40,000 people. At Wood our common purpose is to ‘unlock solutions to the world’s most critical challenges.’ Through the delivery of our Consulting, Project and Operations solutions across energy and the built environment we deliver exceptional returns for our clients, our people, our investors and the communities where we live and work. Visit us at www.woodplc.com and follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn.