London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Construction Engineer
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
About the Opportunity
The Building BIM Coordinator (MEP) plays an important role in the design delivery and design integration of projects delivered by the Cities & Places business unit.
Using technical experience and excellent people skills, the Building BIM Coordinator will be responsible for the digital delivery of the architectural design for projects. The collective team will produce multi-disciplinary designs and associated deliverables in an integrated and holistic manner using appropriate modelling and associated analytical software; BIM Co-Ordinators play a key role in leading and implementing the design and delivery process.
- The digital delivery of the MEP models and information management of the MEP design from bid stage to project close out
- Acting as a technical interface with our IT support services for the architectural toolset
- Supporting the BIM manager in the delivery of digital outputs within project teams and the seamless sharing of information with other discipline teams
- Task level management and of the BIM model
- Representing Jacobs in liaising with clients, engineers, and other design team members
- Develop and maintain excellent team relationships through successful project execution
- Development of a content library suitable for the Structural team and integrated with the ETN library
- Assisting in the preparation of technical and commercial bid proposals, supporting the BIM Manager in responding to responses to ERI, producing MIDP, TIDP and BEPs
- Relevant experience in the design, specification and procurement of buildings
- BRE or similar level accreditation
- A clear understanding of our multi-disciplinary design approach and the delivery of projects to a high quality, from bid stage to operation
- Experience in the successful management of the MEP elements of projects
- Experience and understanding of multi-disciplinary design processes
- An excellent knowledge of BIM and the ability to implement the use 3D multi-disciplinary modelling on projects
- An understanding of the analytical tools that support the MEP, including the ability to undertake early energy modelling, detailed energy calculations, lighting and daylighting
- Ability to integrate digital design information with specialist analytical software such as Computational Fluid Dynamics (CFD) and acoustics
- Ability to use modelling and analytical tools to eliminate health and safety risks in the design
We clear the way for inventive thinking, so you have the support, means and space to deliver the boldest solutions for the extraordinary and every day. Jacobs. A world where you can.
We're invested in you and your success. Our values stand on a foundation of safety, integrity, inclusion and diversity. We put people at the heart of our business and we truly believe that by supporting one another through our culture of caring, we all succeed. We value positive mental health and a sense of belonging for all employees.
We aim to make inclusion and diversity core attributes of our identity, embedded in all our employment and business practices in all locations. We know that if we are inclusive, we're more connected, and if we are diverse, we're more creative.
Jacobs partners with VERCIDA to help us attract and retain diverse talent. For greater online accessibility please visit www.vercida.co.uk to view and access our roles.
As a Disability Confident employer, we will interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for a vacancy. We welcome applications from candidates who are seeking flexible working and from those who may not meet all the listed requirements for a role.
If you have any queries regarding the application process, please contact the team here .
Successful candidates will be asked to complete a Baseline Personnel Security Standard Pre-Employment check and will be required to undergo various checks including: Identity, Right to Work; Employment/Education History and Criminal Record. If you are unable to meet this and any associated criteria, then your employment may be delayed or rejected.