United States of America - Texas, DallasJob Summary
AECOM is expanding its dynamic and innovative transportation planning team in Texas and is looking for a Texas State Planning Leader to help grow AECOM's Texas planning business with TxDOT and other clients in major metro markets. In joining our team, you will significantly contribute to the development of the largest projects in Texas and provide our range of clients with innovative and market leading solutions. This position will be responsible for business development and leading and developing deputy project managers. Ideal candidates will have a desire to grow their career and take on roles of increasing responsibility.
As the Texas State Transportation Planning Leader you will:
- Conduct business development to secure new clients and projects. This includes identifying and tracking pursuits and participating in and/or leading proposals.
- Be challenged to develop and execute a strategy to grow the transportation planning business in Texas, specifically with TxDOT..
- Lead a team of experienced and emerging professionals with responsibilities for people management, project management and business development.
- Partner with and provide high quality technical advice to clients on transportation matters and identify innovative solutions to solve real world challenges.
- Be responsible for project delivery to program, budget and quality expectations.
- Retain and manage relationships with existing clients and external stakeholders.
- Lead and serve as project manager of large multi-discipline transportation planning projects.
- Mentor and train younger staff.
- Works under minimal supervision.
- Directs, manages and evaluates the activities, responsibilities and personnel in an area of planning.
- Exercises considerable latitude in determining assignment objectives.
- Work is reviewed through consultation and agreement.
BA/BS + 10 YORE or AA/AS (US) + 12 YORE or Diploma/Certificate (Canada) +12 YORE or HS/GED + 14 YORE; all including a minimum of 2 years of leadershipPreferred Qualifications
BS in Engineering
Texas PE License
15+ years of relevant experience in Transportation Planning
Business Development Experience
Experience Leading Planning teams and operations
Sponsorship is not available for this position at this timeWhat We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United States of AmericaPosition Status
US - Austin, TX - 9400 Amberglen Boulevard, US - Houston, TX - 19219 Katy FreewayClearance Required
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.