Requisition ID: 232340 Requisition Posting End Date: 03/08/2021
NEOM Project Summary: Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide executive project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia."
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia . The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt , Israel and Jordan . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km 2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea."
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways.
Role Summary:Project Managers have operational supervision over the construction engineers and designers assigned to the project. Provides technical guidance to construction engineers, design engineers, designers, drafters who perform specific tasks on a project. As a point of Bechtel-Client contact on construction aspects of assigned project or portions of a project, maintains regular contact with project field personnel for progress of work, exchange of information and other Construction and Engineering interface activities. Contacts client counterparts as directed. The ideal candidate will have experience leading construction on viaducts including arches, piers, and columns on a mega project
Saudi Arabian Bechtel Company will provide project management consultancy services (including technical, commercial and construction management) for the development of certain defined aspects of the NEOM Infrastructure in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
NEOM is a planned cross-border city in the Tabuk Province of northwestern Saudi Arabia . The site is near the Red Sea and the borders of Egypt , Israel and Jordan . It will cover a total area of 26,500 km 2 (10,200 sq mi) and will extend 460 km along the coast of the Red Sea.
NEOM will be the home and workplace to more than a million residents from around the world. It will include towns and cities, ports and enterprise zones, research centers, sports and entertainment venues, and tourist destinations. As a hub for innovation, entrepreneurs, business leaders and companies will come to research, incubate and commercialize new technologies and enterprises in groundbreaking ways. Summary:
A senior Logistics and Materials Manager who interfaces with client, senior management and Contractors related to the successful execution of logistics services on behalf of NEOM. The role is a senior leadership position for the Critical Commodities Logistics organization related to receipt of materials, materials management and control of goods. The role is responsible for the team that must ensure materials are properly identified by work package, on-time and in sufficient quantity to support the completion of Construction work. The role will establish expectations regarding logistics planning and communication to support compliance to NEOM requirements. The role manages the assigned team to ensure priorities are established within the applicable Contractor organization. Monitors the work processes and the effectiveness of materials personnel in providing timely and accurate distribution of materials to Construction and/or (Sub) Contractor installation locations. The Critical Commodities Logistics Manager is responsible for identifying operational risks and providing mitigation solutions for an overall integrated approach to achieve NEOM's expectations. ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES:
The Logistics Manager will be required to
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS Essential Technical Skills:
- Maintain a zero-accident policy on site.
- Collaborate with NEOM client organization
- Develop written presentations for NEOM, senior management and external parties
- Implement program wide solutions to manage the materials receiving and logistics initiatives for all Suppliers (direct NEOM PO's) and Contractors
- Develops employer requirements for logistics for cross programme implementation
- Share aggregated shipment forecasts to support summary planning
- Promote safety and sustainability in logistics across all Suppliers, Contractors and the local community
- Establish Critical Commodity Material Logistics metrics for updating senior management and NEOM
- Establishes key milestones and goals aligned with Contractor Construction schedules
- Operate with the highest ethical behavior
- Supervises a team of materials coordination personnel on a mega project.
- Advises, interfaces and provides expert guidance on materials coordination to other project personnel as delegated.
- Conducts research and prepares reports relating to materials management activities.
- Indoctrinates newly assigned Materials Coordinators to the requirements and procedures of the global business unit, project, and Customer.
- Monitors personnel to ensure they receive appropriate training and development to satisfy job performance criteria and company personnel development objectives.
- Develops and implements Materials Management Plan with respect to applicable commodity groups within area of responsibility.
- Implements the planned construction activities and work packaging structure on the project through coordination with Field Engineering, Construction, and/or (Sub) Contractors, and Project Controls.
- Coordinates with Contractor Expediting to ensure that the fabricators support the Required on Site (ROS) dates by work package.
- Implements planned inventory control mechanisms, such as min-max and bag-and-tag to ensure construction material requirements are met.
- Coordinates material availability in support of design revisions, rework, contingency or work-around plans.
- Participates in Construction and/or (Sub) Contractor planning meetings to be fully aware of installation plans and priorities.
- Coordinates with warehouse personnel for materials to be issued direct to the installation area, rather than being controlled in storage.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and assists to devise contingency plans.
- Reviews and comments on Contractor and Subcontractor construction schedules, methods, manning charts, and material and equipment requirements.
Essential Behavioral Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management, Logistics/Transportation, Construction Management, Industrial Engineering or other related business degree.
- 15-20 years Management Experience in Project Logistics .
- Advanced knowledge of Field Procurement operations related to the receipt, storage and control of materials on a project.
- Advanced knowledge of Field Engineering disciplines, work processes and the deliverables produced.
- Advanced knowledge of vendor, fabricator, contractor, Customer and other outside data systems.
- Supervising complex materials management for mega projects and programs
- Advanced knowledge of work packaging, pre-buy methodology, and materials status reporting.
- Knowledge of business administration procedures, tools, techniques, and business ethics.
- Ability to develop concept and detailed materials management strategies that are cost effective and innovative.
- Experience in materials planning, allocation, resource development and supplier management .
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Skill in working and communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, with other project functional groups.
- Builds empathy and support, engages with individuals at all levels, influences and promotes positive outcomes.
- Resolving complex issues within Materials Management and Logistics across the customer organization and externally.
- Promotes a sustainable approach to logistics management and supply chain development.
- Positive direct Contractor and senior management interface
Preferred Behavioral Skills:
- Master's degree in Business, Industrial Engineering, Supply Chain Management or other related degree.
- Project scheduling software
- Inventory management software
- Power BI reporting development
- Experience Middle East / Saudi Arabia
- Arabic Language
- Experience managing and leading people
Living and Working on the NEOM Project is a single status assignment condition located in Sharma, KSA with camp accommodation (Meals and Laundry Services provided). Rotational Leave is 2 weeks off after 8 weeks worked with provided allowances for airfare and enroute expenses. 60 hour working week.
Due to COVID 19 challenges during the start-up phase of the project, charter flights (subject to commercial air traffic) and quarantine accommodation will be provided upon mobilization into Saudi Arabia. Shaping tomorrow together Bechtel is one of the most respected global engineering, construction, and project management companies. Together with our customers, we deliver landmark projects that foster long-term progress and economic growth. Since 1898, we've completed more than 25,000 extraordinary projects across 160 countries on all seven continents. We operate through four global businesses: Infrastructure; Nuclear, Security & Environmental; Oil, Gas & Chemicals; and Mining & Metals. Our company and our culture are built on more than a century of leadership and a relentless adherence to our values, the core of which are safety, quality, ethics, and integrity. These values are what we believe, what we expect, what we deliver, and what we live.
www.bechtel.com Bechtel is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age,national origin, physical or mental disability, citizenship status (except as authorized by law),protected veteran status, genetic information, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.