Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting for a Workshop Supervisor to join our team in Hides on a FIFO basis. Standard rotation 28/28 has been amended due to the current Covid-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements, an 8 week on / 7 week off roster is temporarily in place.
Reporting directly to the Construction Coordinator, this position will be responsible for Maintenance, Servicing and Logistics of all Mobile Plant and Equipment. Previous experience in the Hides area in a similar role would be an advantage.
- Plans and coordinates the servicing and mechanical repairs of plant and equipment
- Maintain spares for plant and equipment as required
- Provides oversight to Plant and Machinery workshops, providing management of rolling stock repairs to project schedule requirements
- Plans and controls the logistics of Construction plant and material interface between site and head office
- Compliance with Wood Supply Chain procedures
- Timely logistical management of required plant and equipment to job sites
- Maintaining data integrity in materials tracking systems
- Provides oversight in the management of project fuels delivery and stock control
- Responsible for the safe execution of all works associated with Machinery Work Shops and Plant and Equipment in-field Logistics teams.
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrates technical expertise, integrity and the ability to influence and challenge others to behave in ways consistent with the interest of the organisation
- Sound knowledge of heavy equipment workshop operations
- Sound knowledge of material logistic movement management
- Demonstrate the Wood Core Values in daily operations and drive behaviours throughout the Contract and all facets of the supply chain
- Demonstrate understanding and commitment to Wood Supply Chain Process and Procedures
- Demonstrates sound, fact-based decision making and the ability to collaborate with colleagues, the client and subcontractors to achieve Contract goals and outcomes
- Lead through example
- Knowledge of inbound and outbound Goods movement schedules
- Knowledge of warehouse processes and goods storage processes/locations
- Excellent communication skills
- Sound understanding of legislative requirements
- Ability to relate to a multi-cultural workforce
- Locally respected and recognised with highest degree of integrity
- International assignment/project experience in similar roles will be highly regarded.
If you're an experienced Workshop Supervisor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achie
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.