Skills: Geotechnical Engineer
Experience: 10 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting Civil Earthworks Lead Supervisor to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly In Fly Out rotational schedule. Standard rotation 28/28 has been amended due to the current Covid-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements, an 8 week on / 6 week off roster is temporarily in place.
Reporting directly to the Senior Construction Superintendent, this position will be responsible for quarrying and crushing activities utilising conventional earthmoving equipment dozers, excavators and impact crusher Lokotrack - LT1213. To ensure safe and efficient execution of tasks while at all times maintains a high degree of Client satisfaction through proactive communication, reporting and performance.
- Plans and organise work activities, in line with project schedules, in a timely manner to ensure information, materials, tools and equipment are available to avoid minimal disruption to workforce
- Leads daily toolbox talks with site labour at the beginning of each day
- Responsible for accurate site progress reporting, ensuring accurate capture of Direct and Non-productive man hours
- Identify any opportunities / issues in a timely manner
- Responsible for creating the necessary permits and risk assessments for work activities
- Ensure material, tools and equipment are fit for purpose, checked and certified prior to use.
- Actively promotes excellence in H&S by communicating and adhering to site H&S expectations
- Encourages others to participate in H&S, valuing their input and developing training resources where appropriate to ensure improvement criteria are met
- Sets clear expectations for individuals and provide ongoing coaching and support.
- Provides consistent, visible supervision to ensure strong individual and team motivation and productivity
- Fosters an environment where personnel are developed and retained into a vigorous, productive and enjoyable work environment
- Liaises within Wood and other projects to ensure site is kept abreast of best practices.
Skills / Qualifications
- 10 years with at least 5 years' supervisor experience
- Extensive experience in earthmoving, quarrying and operation / supervision of impact crushing equipment
- Sound technical knowledge and appreciation of other disciplines with ability to communicate technical and maintenance issues
- Demonstrates sound, fact-based decision making, and the ability to work collaboratively with colleagues, clients and contractors to help teams achieve goals
- Demonstrated strong commitment to safety
- Exceptional stakeholder management and communication skills, both written and oral
- International assignment/project experience in similar roles will be highly regarded
If you're an experienced Civil Earthworks Lead Supervisor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
With us, you'll be challenged. You'll be encouraged to excel. You'll be given the opportunity to build a rewarding career. And you'll be proud to be a part of the Wood team. You will become a part of a strong, global company. Imagine working on complex global projects, being challenged to develop your skills and experience, being provided with opportunities to build a successful career. Imagine working for world-leading clients, delivering excellence and being recognised for it. That's the world of Wood, built on strong values, where you can belong and be proud of what you achieve.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.