Experience: 3 + Years
Education: Associates/2 yr Degree/Diploma
Location: Lafayette, Louisiana, United States
Wood is currently recruiting for an Instrument/Controls Technician with offshore experience in the oil and gas industry.
Work schedule of 14x14 with a work terminal out of Galveston, TX.
Authorization to work lawfully in the US without sponsorship from Wood is required.
- Inspect, maintain and troubleshoot control instrumentation and fire & gas equipment.
- Complete all relevant project documentation including knowledge of completion systems.
- Perform highly skilled testing, maintenance and repair on control, metering and recording instruments, control apparatus, data logging and display equipment, communications/ telemetering systems and Fire & Gas equipment
- Perform duties on, control circuits, level control devices, flow control devices, temperature control devices and pressure control devices.
- Install, calibrate, troubleshoot and repair of input sensors such as flow meters, level transducers, pressure transducers, fire & gas equipment and other monitoring equipment.
- Read, interpret and work from vendor documentation, project drawings, schematic diagrams and equipment manuals.
- Maintain and repair of low, medium and high voltage switchgear.
- Install and maintain cathodic protection, corrosion control and associated equipment.
- Inspect and set safety switches when needed.
- Maintain records and prepare regular and special reports on electrical and electronic systems.
- Maintain equipment records and parts inventory.
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff.
- Establish positive working relationships with immediate supervision and personnel from other departments.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written. Be able to follow oral and written instructions.
- Read, understand and follow Permit to Work procedures.
- Other duties may be assigned or requested.
- Instrument/Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment.
- Piping & Instrument Diagrams (P&ID's), telephone, telemetry equipment.
- Fire & Gas equipment
- Valve Positioners
- DC Power Systems
- Analog and Discrete Signals
- Allen Bradley PLC
- Pneumatic Systems
- Hart Protocol
- Proficient in Control Logic Schemes
- Experience with various PLC, DCS, and Fire & Gas control systems
- PLC logic controls
- Ladder Logic
- Process Automation
- Permit to work System.
- Cause and Effect logic relationships of equipment
Skills / Qualifications
Required: High school diploma or general education degree (GED); 3-5 years of experience in Instrumentaton & Controls maintenance preferably with Offshore Deepwater experience.
Preferred: Associates degree (AA) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; 5-10 years' experience in I&C maintenance; Familiar with Allen Bradley PLC 5 and Wonderware is preferred; as well as, RS Logic, troubleshooting back to end device, electrical/instrumentation print reading, ladder logic experience preferred.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
Diversity Statement (EEO)
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.