The Senior Environmental and Social Advisor is critical member of the refinery Environmental team and the broader Health, Safety, Environment & Carbon (HSE&C) department. The Senior E&S Advisor engages daily with groups across the refinery to assist in and enable compliant operation of the refinery, ensure regulatory and permit standards are communicated and understood, and foster an overall atmosphere of compliance. Further, the Senior Environmental and Social Advisor serves as a mentor to the junior members of the Environmental team, ensuring they are equipped to perform their duties and driving an atmosphere of collegial respect and inclusion. The Senior E&S Advisor reports directly to the refinery Environmental, Social & Carbon Superintendent.Key accountabilities
- Provides advice and assistance to the workforce in achieving environmental compliance
- Advises the refinery management team in achieving environmental performance improvement
- Provides technical advice and functional support to the Environmental team
- Leads and mentors the junior Environmental team members to assist in their professional growth and development
- Contributes to the review and analysis of site environmental risks and associated risk mitigation and management plans
- Fosters and promotes positive working relationships with all local, state, and federal government regulatory agencies
- Assists in the investigation of HSE&C incidents and actively works to develop corrective actions that prevent incident recurrence
- Serves as the site lead for permitting activities (renewal and new construction)
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal, communication (oral and written), leadership, and team-working skills.
- Develops processes, standards, and guidance in E&S risk assessment and supports their consistent implementation in the line.
- Fosters an inclusive and collaborative working environment, while maintaining a focus on safe, reliable, and compliant refinery operations
- Bachelor's degree in Chemical Engineering
- Refinery Operations background with demonstrated record of positively impacting the organization and process
- Experience working with external agencies (EPA, DOT, etc.)
- 10 years of Environmental engineering experience
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ½" scalp, or > 2 cm/¾" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com
; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster
and the poster supplement
- for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement