Skills: Student / Recent Grad, Geologist
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Dallas, Texas, United States
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions is seeking an Entry-Level Geologist or Environmental Scientist with 0 - 2 years of environmental experience to join Texas office (Dallas location optimal) and become an integral member of our technical team. Key responsibilities will include providing field and office support on various projects for existing and new environmental/industrial/government clients. Wood PLC's Environment & Infrastructure Division is a multi-disciplined consulting organization primarily consisting of environmental scientists and engineers with offices throughout the United States.
Wood is proud to provide our employees with exciting, challenging projects. The qualified personnel can look forward to projects including environmental site assessments (ESAs), remedial investigations, groundwater monitoring programs, and environmental compliance.
Key Responsibilities :
This person will be a member of a team providing primarily site investigation and remediation services to private industry and government clients. This position will support a wide variety of projects that include investigations, due diligence, environmental remediation, and environmental compliance. Some of the responsibilities of this position will include:
- Perform soil/groundwater investigations, including soil and groundwater sampling and monitor well installation
- Perform complex or novel assignments requiring the development of new or improved technologies and procedures
- Assist with data assessment and report preparation
- Adherence to health and safety plans, work plans, and other project guidance documents
- Participate in reporting activities at hazardous waste sites
- Perform Phase I Environmental Site Assessments
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Geology or related field
- DSHS Asbestos Inspector License
- Computer proficient (must have proficiency in Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Strong written. Verbal, and inter-personal skills
- Good team building skills and ability to lead by influence
- Good time-management skills. Ability to focus and attention to detail
- Must be organized and able to communicate clearly
- Team player and technical contributor
- Able to operate within scope, schedule and budget during project implementation
- Bachelor's degree in Geology
- State of Texas Geoscientist-in-Training
- OSHA HAZWOPER Trained
- Asbestos Project Manager, and Asbestos Air Monitoring Technician Licenses
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.