Skills: Project Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Salt Lake City, Utah, United States
Wood is growing and we have an exciting opportunity for an Environmental Senior Project Manager to support our Environmental Branch in South Jordan, Utah. We are looking for a candidate who is excited and motivated about the opportunity to help expand our environmental consulting business in Utah and the West.
Wood's South Jordan office provides a broad range of services in engineering and environmental sciences including environmental assessment and remediation, water resources, environmental compliance, geotechnical design, transportation and materials testing. The successful candidate will have experience in consulting, selling, managing and implementing environmental projects in the Industrial, Oil & Gas, Government, Energy and Transportation sectors.
- Work to identify/develop new clients for our environmental business including networking outside and inside Wood.
- Manage environmental projects involving site characterization, site investigations/feasibility studies, remedial alternative analysis and design, permitting and environmental compliance, being responsible for ensuring that deliverables, schedules and budgets are achieved.
- Develop scope, costs, budgets and schedules for soil and groundwater investigations, corrective action and/or remedial action plans, human health and ecological risk assessments and remedy implementation for soil, soil vapor, sediment, groundwater, and surface water in accordance with state and federal regulations and generally accepted protocols.
- Work collaboratively with environmental team in the performance and documentation of field activities, data collection, data tabulation, and report preparation.
- Perform data analysis and environmental forensics to develop strategic and effective remedial solutions based on sound technical interpretations and accepted scientific/engineering practices and principles in accordance with applicable local, state and federal regulations.
- Perform QA/QC report reviews on client and agency deliverables that comply with environmental laws, company standards, contract requirements and related specifications.
- Prepare marketing materials, and proposals that advance targeted client relationships.
Skills / Qualifications
- B.S. or M.S. degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Environmental Engineering, Geochemistry or other related fields.
- PG or PE (Utah) desired.
- 8 to 10+ years of experience with increasing responsibility.
- Strong background providing environmental consulting services to clients in the industrial/commercial, mining, energy and government sectors.
- Demonstrated scientific or engineering expertise with Federal, State and Local environmental regulations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and experience with field investigations associated with environmental site assessments, site remediation, field management, and contractor oversight etc.
- Must be a self-starter, team oriented with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent computer skills including proficiency with the use of standard software packages including MS Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
- Ability to travel to project sites primarily in Utah and west and mountain regions.
- Must pass drug test, physical, background check and must have a satisfactory driving record in accordance with the Company's driving (MVR) policy.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.