Skills: Laboratory Ops / Tech
Experience: 4 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Vancouver, Washington, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.VancouverWashington
Supervises and coordinates activities of personnel engaged in performing chemical and physical tests required for quality control of processes and products by performing the following duties.
This person in this position will have the capabilities and authority to perform and/or offer training to laboratory staff on standard test methods, as well as any calibration, verification, and maintenance procedures for all laboratory equipment and instrumentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPSONSIBILITIES: Include the following. Other
duties may be designed.
- Advises assistant managers, supervisors, technicians on special test procedures to ensure the overall quality of submitted materials.
- Overall responsibility for SQC, Calibrations and Quality Assurance of the laboratory.
- Overall responsibility to ensure all Quality Assurance Programs are designed,
Implemented, and utilized by laboratory personnel.
- Randomly analyzes test information to determine operating efficiency of process or equipment and to diagnose malfunctions.
- Confers with scientists or engineers to conduct analyses, interpret test results, or develop nonstandard tests.
- Directs adjustments to formulas and processes based on test results.
- Directs personnel to conduct research in developing custom products and investigates complaints on existing products
- Assists in monitoring, measuring, and assessing corporate quality assurance practices and protocols for continual improvement.
- Recommends measures to improve testing procedures, use of equipment, and needs for new equipment.
- Analyzes and resolves, or assists workers in solving work problems.
- Markets actively for new clients.
- Overall responsibility for ensuring the proper amount of supplies and resources is on hand to efficiently run laboratory operations at required levels.
- Manages assistant managers and supervisors who supervise all employees in the laboratory.
- Is responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of this unit.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Prefer bachelor's degree from four-year college or university
- Five to ten years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyzes, and interprets general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs. Ability to properly interpret technical reports related to chemicals and their properties.
- Ability to interpret scientific formulas.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS, AND LICENSES
- Drivers License required.
- ASTM experience preferred.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear.
- The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those and employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts and with explosive material and can be regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
- The employee is occasionally exposed to risk radiation.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request to USinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.