Ware, United Kingdom
Ware, United Kingdom
Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Ware, United Kingdom
Wood Pharma and Life Sciences are seeking a Pharmaceutical Superintendent with Civil and Temporary Works Coordinator competence.
This is a permanent staff role based on a client site, starting in April 2021, experience of working on large scale EPC projects is essential.
- Ensure contractors dimensional control methods for checking that all works are properly set out and satisfactory. Supervise specialist surveying contractors when necessary
- Ensure all quality control checks and tests are instigated, with records maintained and available as required for concrete mix design, batching operations, concrete pour, foundation release, grouting release, area release etc., all in accordance with contractors' agreed ITP, method statements and project specifications.
- Ensure effective control and design of all false-works, shuttering and form-works. Check that access roads/routes and equipment are in accordance with practical temporary works procedures and calculations. Where necessary, ensure competent technical review of temporary works design etc.
- Ensure effective site speed control, with safety speed limit signs available and that there are sufficient direction signs indicating access roads/routings for planned transport of manpower and materials to workforce locations and storage areas
- Ensure contractors carry out all excavations and trenching in a logical fashion, minimizing site disruption and that they provide safety barriers, signage and trench crossings in accordance with the Wood HSSE plan
- Supervise and coordinate the activities of construction supervisors and engineers within assigned areas. Provide daily supervisory surveillance checks and records, ensuring that contractors' management and supervision are providing safe working conditions and permitting procedures, protective equipment, experienced/qualified supervision and manpower, with reliable, well maintained equipment to execute the contracted works as per contract schedule and targets
- Routinely study, check, review and validate the discipline scope of work against the appropriate Contract Requisition to ensure the Contractors correctly interpret and comply with the latest revision AFC drawings, quantities, and specifications
- In conjunction with other discipline superintendents ensure contractor interfaces are both coordinated and planned to allow effective take-over by follow-on contractors, and efficient access to work areas and job faces
- Ensure that contractors survey and accept their work areas and commence contracted works within schedule time requirements, mobilizing supervision, materials and equipment in practical logical sequences
- Ensure that contractors working on site have temporary facilities, equipment and hand tools etc. that are fully capable of supporting contractors site needs in the execution of contracted works to meet schedule completions
- Ensure practical security and protection of the works and that all contractors' provisions for temporary lighting, transport, vehicles, plant and equipment, hand tools are in adequate supply and totally fit for purpose
- Ensure that contractors are working in the required work areas, locations, elevations and sequence of work by providing discipline scheduled completion details to enable efficient planning of all activities. With the contractors planning engineers, develop detailed daily and weekly work plans to facilitate project schedule completions
- Ensure all approved modifications to Works are recorded on red-lined 'as-built' drawings, and are verified as correct by field personnel
Skills / Qualifications
- Demonstrable experience as a Superintendent with Civil and Temporary Works Coordinator competence.
- Experience of working on a Pharmaceutical site
- Experience of GMP
- Technically qualified / time served trades person with trade registrations / vocational qualifications.
- UK wide EPC or EPCm experience
- Knowledge of local labour market
- Demonstrable experience of managing direct labour
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation, codes and standards with the ability to manage contractors
- Computer literate (MS Office components)
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.