Skills: Accounting, Financial Analyst
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Brunei Darussalam
Wood has an exciting opportunity for Senior Finance Manager to join our team in Brunei.
- Full responsibility for all financial matters including accurate and timely completion of monthly reporting, optimizing financial performance; and provide stewardship over any profit delivery plan.
- Report business / country / region financial performance to senior management including variance analysis, accounts receivables, DSO, accruals, and unbilled analysis.
- Ownership for annual budget, forecasts and rolling forecasts in conjunction with senior management, including validation / challenge over backlog, inputs from BD and operations.
- Ensure forecasting accuracy and predictability through the rolling forecast v monthly actual result process.
- Ownership of monthly customer billing to ensure invoices are prepared in accordance with the commercial terms of the contract.
- Responsible for driving sustainable working capital improvements and / or maintaining performance working with operational management, project managers, supply chain and other relevant areas to optimize cash collection and minimize DSO, including customer relationships and reporting.
- Leadership and management of business / country / region finance team including recruitment, staff development, performance management and the setting of objectives.
- Challenge management to drive the highest levels of financial performance which includes understanding the cost base, allocated costs, revenue base and associated budget / forecast, support the business through actionable insights.
- Ownership of implementation and financial adherence with the finance operating model
- Assisting during client audits and dispute management
- Engagement with commercial teams on the pre award phase in terms of bids, rates, and relevant analysis and a key contact and team participant for such, including input to financial terms. contained in contracts and bids where appropriate.
- Engagement with commercial teams on post contract award phase in terms of margin analysis looking for opportunities to drive improvements and commercial efficiencies and attending key.project reviews to ensure that reported financials are appropriate.
- Lead engagement with external and internal auditors to successfully complete relevant audits
- Ensure that an effective control environment exists through compliance with all Group control frameworks, policies, and procedures as relevant
- Responsibility for relevant project accounting, including monthly reviews, analysis, and project setup, accounting judgements and provisioning while working with relevant functions such as Commercial, Legal and Tax
- Work with Operations and serve as a conduit between the business and Legal, Tax and Treasury, IT, Shared Services and Supply Chain
Skills / Qualifications
- Professionally qualified accountant
Knowledge, skills, and experience:
- Minimum of 8 years relevant accounting experience
- Strong experience of business partnering.
- Excellent track record in people management
- Demonstrable commercial experience
- Previous experience of leading and developing a team.
- Good IT / Systems knowledge
- Sound knowledge of Oil & Gas services business and accounting methodology
- Sets example and fully participates in the company values building strong relationships across the business.
- Strong people skills and desire to develop the team, look to recruit the best.
- Manages with honesty and commitment.
- Ability to discuss issues clearly and concisely at all levels in the Organisation.
- Ability to work proactively to analyze problems / issues and identify solutions.
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.