Skills: Contracts Administration, Contracts Engineer
Experience: 7 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting Subcontracts Coordinators to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly In Fly Out rotational schedule. Standard rotation 28/28 has been amended due to the current Covid-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements, an 8 week on / 7 week off roster is temporarily in place
Our Supply Chain team support a number of projects and this role is critical in ensuring that all subcontracted services are managed effectively for our global clients. Working closely with Project Managers and the Construction teams, you will be a key advisor for all commercial matters on site.
The successful candidate will take on a range of responsibilities including:
- Supporting the award of packages to local subcontractors
- Managing the commercial performance and contractual obligations of subcontractors on site
- Performing all subcontract administration, including invoice verification and claim processing
- Closing out subcontracts and purchase orders.
- Advise project team members of contractual obligations with third-party suppliers and sub-contractors
- Facilitating and documenting meetings with subcontractors as required
- Engaging local landholder companies for provision of labour to the project and ensuring compliance with community affairs protocols
- Mentor and educate national Subcontract personnel to enhance capabilities and knowledge
- Produce cost status reports as required by project team members.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified in a business or engineering related disciple
- At least 7 years' experience in contract administration roles
- International site experience would be an advantage
- Well-developed cross-cultural communication skills
- Advanced ERP (Oracle/SAP) system skills
- Strong organisational and planning skills
- Able to work in remote locations without direct supervision.
If you're an experienced Subcontracts Coordinator, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.