Skills: Civil Engineering, Civil Construction, Refinery / Plant Operations Supervisor
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Tech/Vocational Cert/Apprenticeship
Location: Hela Province, Papua New Guinea
Wood is currently recruiting Civil Lead Supervisor to join our team in Hides, Papua New Guinea on a Fly In Fly Out rotational schedule. Standard rotation 28/28 has been amended due to the current Covid-19 restrictions and quarantine requirements, an 8 weeks on / 7 weeks off roster is temporarily in place. Reporting to the Senior Superintendent, the successful candidate will be responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the batching / Crushing operation, assisting with the scheduling of deliveries once produced.
- Efficiently operate voltametric batching plant / Metso Impact crusher and maintains maximum production levels
- Operates computer controlled batching system that transfers product from storage bins through weigh bins
- Record daily production achievements and daily maintenance activities
- Monitors and regulates automatic mixing feeding equipment that supplies blended ingredients to continuous operation. Control mix design and set appropriate slump
- Uses computer to weigh product being blended
- Visually monitors control boards and computer screens
- Visually inspect loading trucks to assure proper positioning for delivery of product as required
- Visually inspect produced product as required
- Records all daily record keeping and administration as required
- Maintains material inventories and orders materials as needed
- Diagnose and assists in troubleshooting when process is interrupted
- Demonstrates good understanding of lockout/tagout procedure required during certain procedures
- Assists with cleanup as needed to ensure a strong housekeeping policy
- Assist in training of co-workers as needed
- Assigns and maintains raw material delivery dockets
- Supply accurate product and delivery information
- Maintain an excellent personal safety record and a clean/safe work environment
- Performs other duties as required
- Monitor product quality and ensure compliance with project specifications including coordination of concrete testing requirements
- Mentor and educate national staff to enhance capabilities and knowledge.
Skills / Qualifications
- Certificate, Diploma qualification (desirable but not essential)
- Minimum of 5 years' experience operating mobile batching plants / crushing
- Proficient in plant operations
- Have extensive product, customer and equipment knowledge
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent personal safety record
- Able to handle many/varied details in a pressure situation
- Self-starter with a very high standard of expectation of himself/herself and those with who he/she works
- Positive attitude toward other employees, customers and supervisors
- Excellent work ethic - punctuality, accuracy and attendance
- Pass required physical examination and drug screens
- Prior effective teamwork with the ability to work autonomously
- Proven interpersonal and communication skills, which can be demonstrated at all levels of the business
- Proven capability of managing a varied workload in a fast-paced environment.
If you're an experienced Civil Lead Supervisor, ready for your next project, then we are keen to hear from you today.
Apply now and take the next step in your career with this exciting opportunity!
Wood is a global leader in engineering and consultancy across energy and the built environment, helping to unlock solutions to some of the world's most critical challenges. We provide consulting, projects and operations solutions in more than 60 countries, employing around 45,000 people. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 55,000 people, with revenues of over $11 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets including upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, chemicals, environment and infrastructure, power & process, clean energy, mining, nuclear and general industrial sectors. We strive to be the best technical services company to work with, work for and invest in.