United Kingdom - Lanarkshire, GlasgowJob Summary
We are looking for CAD technicians specifically with Autodesk Civils 3D who have extensive experience on a variety of projects. You will have a proven experience delivering on projects to client's satisfaction at the appropriate standard, accuracy of models and drawings, ensuring that the relevant codes and standards are complied with. You will have strong development skills and the technical ability, knowledge and competence to provide guidance and to teach others.
In joining AECOM, you will have the opportunity to deliver a high standard of CAD design outputs supporting the team to deliver the detailed designs of potable water mains and networks for challenging and high-profile project frameworks.
If you are interested in joining a dynamic and growing team driving project delivery through innovation and sustainable solutions, then we are interested in hearing from you.Minimum Requirements
- Significant post qualification experience in the AEC industry, specifically water and pumping stations
- Experienced user of both Autodesk AutoCAD and Autodesk Civil 3D essential, including pipeline design, earthworks, road designs
- Working knowledge of CIC BIM Protocol, 19650 and related standards
- ProjectWise knowledge would be an advantage although not essential
- Ability to work on own initiative as an experienced CAD operator, in conjunction with civil and structural design engineers.
- An understanding of industry standards
- Extensive experience of water based civil engineering projects.
- Drive for digital engineering
Your benefits will include:
- HNC (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering or HNC CAD with experience in AutoCAD Civil 3D.
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you'll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW
- way of working. Core benefits include 25 days' annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You'll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you're a member of the Reserve Forces you'll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.What We Offer
When you join AECOM, you become part of a company that is pioneering the future. Our teams around the world are involved in some of the most cutting-edge and innovative projects and programs of our time, addressing the big challenges of today and shaping the built environment for generations to come. We ensure a workplace that encourages growth, flexibility and creativity, as well as a company culture that champions inclusion, diversity and overall employee well-being through programs supported by company leadership. Our core values define who we are, how we act and what we aspire to, which comes down to not only delivering a better world, but working to "make amazing happen" in each neighborhood, community and city we touch. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we believe in each person's potential, and we'll help you reach yours.Job Category
Engineering - CivilBusiness Line
Water (DO NOT USE)Business Group
Design and Consulting Services Group (DCS)Country
United KingdomPosition Status
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.