Skills: Marketing, PR / Corporate Communications
Experience: 2 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Plano, Texas, United States
A WORLD LEADER IN TESTING, INSPECTION & CERTIFICATION SERVICES
Bureau Veritas offers dynamic, exciting employment opportunities with an attractive salary/benefit package and an opportunity to play a vital role with a global organization. If you would enjoy working in a dynamic environment and are looking for an opportunity to become part of a stellar team of professionals, we invite you to apply online today.
Bureau Veritas is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, sexual orientation, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other non-job-related characteristics.
This position is responsible to ensure equal opportunity in employment in that all persons are treated equally and on the basis of merit, in decisions regarding selection, placement, promotions, training, work assignments, transfers and other personnel actions.
MARKETING ASSOCIATE (ENTRY TO MID-LEVEL EXPERIENCE)
LOCATION: PLANO, TX 75074
**MUST BE ABLE TO COMMUTE TO AND FROM THE OFFICE**
SUMMARY: The ideal candidate has the ability to work well under strict deadlines in a fast-paced environment and handle stressful situations. This is an excellent opportunity for a person with a background in the preparation of proposals and presentations who seeks to build on that expertise to help grow BV. -Additionally, this also presents strong opportunity for a person who possess a background in the A/E/C field who wishes to develop their marketing and proposal development skillset in this industry."
Main role: Coordination and development of customized proposals, statements of qualifications, requests for information, etc.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: (Other job related duties may be assigned in conformance with state and federal regulations. )
- Handling all aspects of the customized business proposal submittal, including coordination and distribution processes.
- Coordinating the proposal development effort by working with Technical and Operations personnel to create appropriate technical responses. Ensuring BV's technical approach and qualifications statement is responsive to clients' stated goals and needs. Positioning BV as the ideal consultant for each opportunity, ensuring compliance with RFP requirements.
- Scheduling and tracking production of proposals/qualifications packages to meet deadlines, including production efforts.
- Coordinating and planning assembly and shipment/delivery of proposal documents to include preparing action lists and timing of tasks to be completed.
- Developing and maintaining government standard forms 330 Architect and Engineer qualifications statement.
- Managing project, client, and consultant data in firm-wide databases.
- Organizing all technical marketing communications material and completing writing assignments according to set standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology. Assisting with the formatting, reproduction, and distribution of technical marketing communications material.
- Protecting operations by keeping company information confidential when necessary.
- Demonstrating BV's guiding principles in support of the company's strategic goals.
- Following all documented policies, Standard Operating Procedures, and Work Instructions applicable to the position and support of BV's quality standards.
- Maintaining safe and clean work area by complying with all procedures, rules, and regulations.
- As-needed- Preparing marketing literature and convention support materials. Attending conventions and trade shows.
- As-needed - Coordinating direct mail campaigns including pre- and post-conference mailings.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
LINES OF AUTHORITY: Refer to departmental Standard Operating Procedures Manual for additional job-related responsibilities and authorities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions .
Education and/or Experience:
BA/BS in marketing, communications, business, English or equivalent years of experience
2+ years marketing experience in the preparing proposals, qualification packages and presentations; assisting with business development activities; and supporting public relation efforts - editing and organizing various components of each, ensuring content is comprehensive, competitive, client-specific, and according to firm brand standards.
Program and design skills desired:
Adobe CS including a background of InDesign Illustrator; Photoshop
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong organizational, multi-tasking, and time management skills.
- Ability to self-manage assignments with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong team ethic; and ability to express ideas and opinions to groups and individuals.
- Detail-oriented and accurate; possess a positive "can do" attitude.
- Able to meet deadlines under pressure.
- Tactful and professional in relations with internal and external contacts and all levels of employees.
- Ability to work overtime as needed.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EEO/AAE: BV is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status
If you are an individual with a disability and you would like us to assist you with searching the Careers Page site for employment opportunities and/or assistance with completing your profile and application, please contact us at 1-888-357-7020 or email us with your request toUSinfor@us.bureauveritas.com We are happy to assist you and encourage you to consider Bureau Veritas for your next great career opportunity!
If you would like additional information regarding Bureau Veritas' federal obligations in regards to equal employment opportunity, please click the link below:
Created in 1828, Bureau Veritas is a global leader in Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC), delivering high quality services to help clients meet the growing challenges of quality, safety, environmental protection and social responsibility.
As a trusted partner, Bureau Veritas offers innovative solutions that go beyond simple compliance with regulations and standards, reducing risk, improving performance and promoting sustainable development.
Bureau Veritas core values include integrity and ethics, impartial counsel and validation, customer focus and safety at work.
Bureau Veritas is recognized and accredited by major national and international organizations.