Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Project Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne, England, United Kingdom
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Refurbishment Director to be based in Hebburn. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The role will be overall responsibility for the performance of the refurbishment team incorporating all functions (Operations, Design, Commercial and Customer). Responsible for all aspects of delivery (safety, time, cost and quality) as well as the profit and loss reportage and red flag management. As a member of the North East Board they will be a lead figure in the NE SMT and as such be required to demonstrate a presence and be the leader for daily queries and general support. Key in contributing to the overall management and development of the region within the senior structure. To understand, implement and adhere to the company SHEQ policy/strategy and ensure that all those reporting to you do so. Building and maintaining client relationships will be key, working alongside the BD / Bid team to identify and win key opportunities.
To effectively, plan, manage and control Projects and Partnerships within department, ensuring in the best interest of the company close adherence to the following;
- Health and safety
- Budgeted expense
- Compliance with company policies and procedures
- Ensure Contract documentation is adhered too
- Emphasis to be placed upon ensuring an effective pre-commencement period
- Work with CSR / RLO Team to agree a bespoke Social Value Plan per scheme and Client. Monitor improvement through communication with CSR Manager.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- Oversee a robust pre-commencement approach to ensure all projects commence with maximum effectiveness
- Attend site visits and contribute to bid strategy
- Complete resource requirements
- Work with Planning / Technical to understand programme and logistics
- Look for innovative solutions to maximise opportunities to win bids
- Review contracts and contractual obligations to ensure we follow Engie protocol and DLA
- Attend Interviews and Clarification meetings
- Ensure an achievable programme and Preliminary budgets is produced
- Ensure the team produce an achievable procurement schedule
- Lead the team and ensure they are committed to achieving targets set
- Work with Commercial teams to agree Commercial Strategy to secure opportunity
- Ensure all relevant Health and Safety Plans and Statutory notices are in place and adhered to
- Implement and drive Northern strategy
- Group SHEQ Strategy and requirements
- Ensure performance reviews are held on every project monthly and documented
- Ensure a proactive approach to quality minimising the risk of latent defects
- Work with Commercial team to ensure warranties are in place and Design risks are passed on
- Ensure you and your team maintain awareness of processes/ procedures
- Encourage a proactive culture and awareness by all team members of critical issues in all areas, such as: Progress reporting, Labour, H&S, KPI'S, Quality, Financial, Reporting, Plant, Clients, Materials, Sub Contractors, Stats, Communication, Training.
- Ensure your team have a robust approach to overseeing a quality handover process
- Provide continuity to attend site post contract and review projects for 360 feedback
- Ensure pre-construction programmes are adhered to
- Appraise and develop your staff in a timely manner
- Ensure succession plans are in place for key members of the team
- Provide and encourage feedback
- Hold meetings with senior member of your team to ensure capacity and correct allocation of staff
- Lead all involved in the production team and encourage a team working environment with mutual respect and a willingness for all to help each other to succeed
- Understand and ensure your teams compliance with implementing Engie processes on site
- Understand and ensure your team has the ability to achieve KPI'S
- Prepare the team to achieve their goals following performance reviews.
- Work with Construction Managers / Operations Managers to efficiently manage resources across Commercial, Technical and Operational disciplines with Clients and Consultants
- Develop trusting relationships
- Attend Framework meetings / support initiatives
- Understand client objectives and aims
- Maintain excellent communication before, during and post contract
- Feed in and develop opportunities for future works to Salesforce / Business Development
- Control consultants with senior management team
- Ensure Customer Insights surveys are carried out
- Represent Engie at client events
Required Qualifications, Skills or Experience:
- Unrivalled Health and Safety standards
- Excellent communicator
- Management experience
- Strong organisational skills
- Excellent Commercial awareness
- Track record of delivering Results
- Delighting Customers
- Client relationships
- Planning and organising
- Industry accreditation / Qualifications
- Relevant experience
- Be prepared to work within the North East and Cumbria
- Flexible & adaptable
- Good verbal and written communicator
- Open to change management
- Ability to work both alone and as part of a team
- Working within diverse groups
- Customer Focused
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021