London, England, United Kingdom
London, England, United Kingdom
Skills: Operations Management
Education: High School/Secondary
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: London, England, United Kingdom
ENGIE is a leading energy and services company focused on three key activities: production and supply of energy, services and regeneration. Our 17,000 employees combine these capabilities for the benefit of individuals, businesses and communities throughout the UK & Ireland.
We enable customers to embrace a lower carbon, more efficient and increasingly digital world. Our customers benefit from our energy efficient and smart building solutions, the provision of effective and innovative services, the transformation of neighbourhoods through regeneration projects, and the supply of reliable, flexible and renewable energy.
ENGIE improves lives through better living and working environments. We help to balance performance with responsibility, enabling progress in a harmonious way.
Globally, the ENGIE Group employs 160,000 people worldwide and achieved revenues of €60.6 billion in 2018.
ENGIE are recruiting for a Area Manager the role can be based in Either our Merton or West Malling office. This is a permanent full-time role working Monday to Friday. On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
This role is to provide line management support to onsite delivery teams/suppliers to ensure effective contract delivery for all aspects of our contract's requirements. The role of Area Manager may encompass multiple tasks and functions including supporting the void delivery team when required. This role is a key function in a company which specialises in repairs and maintenance for the housing sector.
Main Responsibilities/Duties Include:
- To supervise and manage on a day to day basis the operation of all responsive and small planned projects within your area
- Responsible for the activities of a team of operatives (Directly employed) and/or subcontractors
- Ensure that the work undertaken by operatives and sub-contractors is satisfactorily and completed within the cost and priority constraints of the contract. To control the costs of such items as man hours, equipment, vehicles, stock and tools, thus minimising wastage and avoidable expenditure.
- Provide cross-team administrative support on all operations undertaken by the team as required and directed by the manager from time to time
- Assist in the production of financial and KPI management reports and monitoring in order to take corrective & improvement actions
- To ensure the teams are working in accordance to our contract requirements ensuring KPI/SLA and client expectations are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- To co-ordinate the allocation and distribution of work to operatives, monitoring progress and completion of those works within laid down priority times. Liaising with colleagues and tenants if applicable and make appointments for operatives to visit.
- To check that work has been completed, signing off the operative's work sheets and material orders ensuring that these are entered via the internal I.T. system. Ensuring that all time sheets and merchants claims are accurately completed, and that all information entered onto the system is accurate.
- To be responsible for scheduling and programming follow-on works including material ordering, diarising appointments and ensuring customers are informed of revised appointment times in accordance with priority response times.
- To liaise with the Client via the computerised system where it is impossible for the work to be carried out in the agreed manner due to circumstances beyond our control, such as a request for a variation
- To act as the first line manager of operatives, controlling such elements as, the times booked, time keeping and attendance of the employees within this section. Managing the induction and appraisals for all operatives reporting to this position. Liaising with your manager on any employee issues and resolving them as soon as possible to establish and maintain a stable and effective team.
- To assist the administration in the issue of work tickets, including both the manning requirements and the administration elements of checking off of completed work, correct information for invoicing etc.
- To control and monitor the allocation and use of all plant and vehicles used by the operatives in their work. Ensuring at all times the correct use and maintenance of these items by the operatives to maximise efficiency and minimise costs.
- To manage the use of sub-contractors as necessary, ensuring that they comply with all Company standards of work performance, customer service, and procedures. Ensuring that regular progress meetings are held with the managers of the sub-contractors to identify any issues or trends.
- Carry out post inspections of work, especially subcontractors, out to ensure that work has been carried out to satisfactory, recording details of findings and take remedial action where failings are identified.
- Ensure that all documentation and administration is kept accurately in accordance to our GDPR policy and ensuring deadlines are met
- Ensure that you and all operatives and subcontractors under your supervision adhere to the company's Health and Safety policies and procedures including carrying out monthly toolbox talks.
- Carry out competency skills assessments of operatives ensuring that they are properly trained to carry out the works issued to them.
- To provide full support to the Client Manager at all times.
- Assist with the adherence to the Company quality standards including:
- Compliance with specification
- Compliance with materials / workmanship schedules
- Maintain and care for all company tools
- To wear appropriate clothing / uniform
- To ensure areas of work are left clean and tidy at the end of the day
- To ensure your staff are adhering to the company car policy
- To be responsible for holding keys for communal entrances, meter cupboards and allow access where appropriate
- Material Orders / co-ordination
- Carry out works as directed by the Client Manager to agreed quality standards
- Assist tradesman as directed in carrying out their day to day duties
- Advise Management of any Health & Safety infringements they might see
- Undertake all work to a high standard with minimal risk to Health and Safety using the appropriate safety equipment
- To work with others and provide a courteous and considerate service to members of the public
- Any other reasonable management request
- 5 A-C Grade GCSE's or equivalent
- Relevant H&S certifications (i.e. asbestos awareness)
- City and Guilds
- Qualified in a trade role
- Knowledge of the operation of computerised systems essential
- Current knowledge of housing improvements, measured term contracts and schedule of rates
- Experience of working with in partnership with a Local Authority Client with management experience of a similar operation in a busy customer focused repairs service environment
- Legal Disrepair
- Housing Legislation Knowledge
- Previous trades experience
- Up to date relevant industry related knowledge
- Understanding of local government
- Experience of Partnership arrangements
For more information about ENGIE, please visit:
For this role, you must have evidence of the right to work in the UK. There is no re-location package with this job role. ENGIE do not discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we welcome applications from all sections of the community. Certain roles may require applicants to undergo a Disclosure check, as noted in the role requirements. ENGIE has a written policy on the recruitment of ex-offenders, which is made available to all DBS applicants upon request. A copy of the DBS code of practice can be found here .
The ENGIE Resourcing Team supports this job advert. Agency involvement is not required. All related enquiries must come to the resourcing team not direct to ENGIE Managers.
- Additional Locations: Europe-England
- Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021