Houston, Texas, United States
Houston, Texas, United States
Skills: IT - Analysis & Management
Experience: 8 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
As ENGIE Resources pursues its vision of Energy Transition, significant changes are required in the way we work and the tools we use. In order to meet the goals of this transformation, our company needs to identify opportunities to redesign our systems and processes using the latest in digital technology and deliver value to our business. To enhance our organization's effectiveness, ENGIE Supply has moved from a "project-centric" delivery model to a "product-centric" model, and this role is the central piece of that transition. The Product Owner is responsible for connecting the vision and roadmap of the Product Management Director with the actions and work products of the Design and Delivery teams. This unique responsibility requires a balance of business sense and knowledge of how our systems work. The Product Owner will play an integral role in shaping solution designs and plans and will act as the approver of changes being made to systems. The Product Owner owns the product backlog and is responsible for creating, clarifying, and prioritizing that backlog based on requests from various sources.
What you'll do:
- Maintain deep understanding of the use cases and features of the products you support
- Participate in the development of Product Roadmaps
- Act as the primary point of collaboration between the Product Team and the Design and Delivery teams
- Intake requests to modify products from all stakeholders including Product Management Directors, users, and leadership
- Maintain completeness, clarity, and visibility of product backlogs
- Prioritize product backlogs based on a complete understanding of how the product impacts our business and navigate competing priorities
- Work with Product, Design, and Delivery teams to define product releases
- Participate in sprint backlog development and sprint planning
- Partner with scrum team to complete releases by maintaining backlogs, guiding the delivery team, clarifying requirements, and assisting in delivery when possible
- Accept or reject product changes based on adherence to standards and quality metrics
- Approve deployments based on readiness of solution, operations, and business
- Participate in UAT to ensure the changes being delivered meet stakeholder needs and provide expected business value
- Optimize efforts of the delivery team to front-load and maximize value to business
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business or technical field related to the business team to be supported
- MBA Preferred
- 8+ years of business experience
- 7+ years of IT solution delivery experience
- 5+ years of experience with Agile concepts and practices
- 3+ years of experience in the Retail Energy Industry
- 3+ years of experience with IT Product Management
- Consulting experience preferred
- Active involvement in the technology and Product Management communities
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative working style
ENGIE North America isn't just participating in the Zero-Carbon Transition, we're leading it! Join us as we develop energy that is more renewable, more efficient and more accessible to everyone.
Unite with us in leading the transformation of the world of energy! ENGIE is looking for talented and motivated individuals to create the future of energy and customer solutions. Join a rewarding and flexible work environment that encourages innovation and creativity to help customers meet their energy challenges today and in the future. Are you up for the challenge?
At ENGIE, our goal is to support, promote, and thrive on diversity, equity, and inclusion. We do so for the benefit of our employees, customers, products and services, and community. So ENGIE is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is also an affirmative action employer. We are firmly committed to creating an equitable and inclusive environment for all employees.
We are committed to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at ENGIE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications. ENGIE is committed to providing equal employment opportunity regardless of actual or perceived race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, and related medical conditions), gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation, marital status, civil union, or domestic partnership status, military service or veteran status, physical or mental disability, protected medical condition, genetic information, or any other legally protected category (referred to as "protected characteristics") as defined by applicable federal, state or local law in the locations where we operate.
If you need assistance with this application or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at ENGIENA-ENGIEHR@engie.com . Please note: This email address is reserved for individuals with disabilities in need of assistance and is not a means of inquiry regarding positions or application status.
- Posting Date: Feb 12, 2021