Learn morePosition Specific Description
Enterprise Security Architecture is seeking a Security Architect to join our team. The Enterprise Security Architecture group plays an integral role in defining and assessing the organization's security strategy, architecture, and practices. The Security Architect will be required to effectively translate business objectives and risk management strategies into specific security processes enabled by security technologies and services. You will collaborate on architectural designs of technology solutions proposed by a variety of NextEra Energy business units and serve as a subject matter expert by researching and solutioning appropriate mitigating controls to address risk. As a Security Architect, you will be exposed to an extremely diversified portfolio of technologies and will be championing security through complex innovative designs. This is a highly collaborative position that will work across the organization with other architects, technical leads, quality assurance, and end-users to produce cutting-edge solutions.Job Overview
This position develops and maintains high-level designs for overall logical and technical IT architecture. Employees in this role provide strategic decision-making and guidance within technical disciplines, responding to disruptive technologies and solving unique and complex problems. Individuals facilitate and orchestrate the delivery of targeted business outcomes through technical decisions. Employees in this job serve as experts and visionaries in the development of roadmaps, strategy, and design for assigned technology areas.Job Duties & Responsibilities
- Works with business partners to analyze strategy and trends to define the requirements, principles, and models that guide technology decisions
- Communicates and enforces technology standards with business partners
- Understands industry trends and the practical application of existing, new, and emerging technologies
- Drives digital innovation and develops roadmaps through new technologies and approaches to fulfill strategic business plans
- Defines high-level migration plans to address gaps in current state
- Coaches, mentors, and leads technical subject matters experts to enable and drive consistency across technology architectures
- Designs and owns governance, assurance, and standards activities for enterprise technology architecture compliance
- Oversees and facilitates the evaluation, risk assessment, selection, and design of hardware and software technology and product standards
- Delivers technology architecture artifacts, possibly including reference architectures or concepts of operation
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned
Preferred QualificationsEmployee Group:
- High School Grad / GED
- Bachelor's or Equivalent Experience
- Experience: 5+ years
Florida Power & Light Company
Juno Beach, Florida
Other Work Locations:
Yes, if applicable
NextEra Energy is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to race, color, age, national origin, religion, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetics, disability, protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by law. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace.
If you require special support or accommodation while seeking employment with NextEra Energy, please send an e-mail to email@example.com
, providing your name, telephone number and the best time for us to reach you. Alternatively, you may call 1-844-694-4748. Please do not use this line to inquire about your application status.
NextEra Energy will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
NextEra Energy does not
accept any unsolicited resumes or referrals from any third-party recruiting firms or agencies
. Please see our policy
for more information.
#LI-XS Nearest Major Market:
Nearest Secondary Market: