Skills: IT - Analysis & Management, IT - Programming & Database, IT - Software Development, Architect
Experience: 5 + Years
Education: Bachelors/3-5 yr Degree
Employment Type: Full Time Salaried Employee
Location: Houston, Texas, United States
Under general supervision by the Halliburton Digital Solutions (HDS) director, the Digital Architecture leader will review, advise, and influence the digital architectures of the 13 Halliburton businesses (i.e.,?Product Service Lines, PSLs). This individual will have a deep command of modern computational architectures and digital patterns. They well respected by their peers and be recognized for numerous past launches of successful digital products / platforms. This leader will be well spoken with the ability to lead technical discussions that involve their like-minded peers within the PSLs.
- Defines reference architectures and defines specific PSL implementation architectures to help upgrade and interconnect the digital platforms current used by the PSLs.
- Technically influences & challenges other architects, developers, scientists, and engineers in their thinking and plans. Helps brainstorm alternative ways to accomplish a specific PSL goal while adding to the greater Halliburton digital equity.
- Works with senior leadership to generate the digital roadmaps for Halliburton. These roadmaps will acknowledge and incorporate all PSLs, regardless of their current state or digital maturity.
- Leads a group of 3-6 architects and subject matter experts (SMEs) that compliment his / her domain knowledge. The team will be comprised of experts that are steeped in areas such as testing (QA), security, cloud, development practices, etc.
- An undergraduate degree in a Computer Science-related field or the equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Candidates with a master's and/or PhD will be prioritized.
- A minimum of five to ten years broad senior technical experience. (Previous experience in O&G is not required.)
- Expansive and deep knowledge across numerous digital infrastructures, platforms, tools, and technologies, both architecturally and operationally (e.g., microservices, Java, Python, Docker, Kubernetes, DevOps, and security).
- Experience migrating legacy monolithic applications to service-oriented, cloud-optimized architectures.
- A demonstrated enjoyment in deepening his / her existing technical skills while learning new ones.
- A demonstrated ability to mentor other architects, developers, and scientists.
- The talent to think strategically, execute tactically, while providing tailored guidance to both technical and business partners.
- Embodies emotional intelligence and active-listening skills to orchestrate deep-dive technical discussions and technical design workshops.
- The aptitude to conceptualize solutions to highly complicated technology opportunities and defend technical decisions, with facts and research.
- Skills typically acquired through the completion of an undergraduate degree in Computer Science or similar discipline, and 13 years of related experience or through 17 years of software development experience. Completion of a masters in Computer Science or similar discipline is preferred.
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for higher-level roles given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience, and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available.
*** Candidates outside of the oil & energy industry are encouraged to apply***
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status, sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by law or regulation.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E. , Houston , Texas , 77032 , United States
Requisition Number: 91219
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Global R&D
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Founded in 1919, Halliburton is one of the world’s leading providers of products and services to the upstream energy industry.
Halliburton is proud to be a services company, and our customers and investors appreciate our business model. Our strong competitive position not only comes from our geographic footprint and wide range of products and services, but also, more importantly, from the quality of our work and the dedication of our employees.
With approximately 55,000 employees, representing 140 nationalities in more than 80 countries, Halliburton touches much of the oil and gas that fuel our society.
Halliburton comprises 14 product service lines (PSLs). The PSLs operate in two divisions: Drilling and Evaluation, and Completion and Production.
Our Consulting and Project Management PSL works across both divisions and is the spearhead of our integrated-services strategy. Its financial results are included in the Drilling and Evaluation Division. PSLs are primarily responsible and accountable for strategy, technology development, process development, people development and capital allocation.
Integrity: Ethics and integrity are the foundation of our brand and the guiding principles for all we do.
Safety: Priority number one. We are focused on our own personal safety, as well as on the safety of others.
Collaboration: We work together with customers, and understand that everyone has a role in providing the best solution.
Competition: We compete to win, knowing that competition makes everyone stronger.
Creativity: We are resourceful. We are innovative, and strive to apply the right technology and solution every time.
Reliability: We deliver what we promise. We believe the quality of our service defines who we are.
Respect: We are honest with ourselves and with each other. We value our diverse skills and talents, and know we are stronger together as one family.
These values are our corporate DNA, the foundation for how we relate to each other and to every individual and entity with whom we interact. These are the principles that every Halliburton employee is expected to use, live by, and demonstrate on a daily basis.
Own Your Career
Our people are essential to our ability to innovate, achieve, grow, and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. We invest in our employees through leadership and competency development, competitive compensation plans, health benefits, work-life programs, and reward and incentive plans.
Opportunities for career development – and the tools you need to take advantage of them – are abundant. Combine those opportunities with your drive and capabilities, and your career path can go in nearly any direction you choose.