Work with Senior Engineers to continue to establish robust motor control for IM and PM motors from our Variable Speed Drives. To assist in the development of and expansion of our drives capabilities and to assist other segments of our business with there drive needs. Also to help with testing in a lab environment and the creation of test reports and business development assignments.Essential Responsibilities:
- This position will focus as a Senior Engineer working with Power Electrical, Motor Control and Mechanical Engineers for Variable Speed Drives
- Complete understanding of Variable Speed Drives and how they work down to the component level.
- Proactive role in electrical safety for the oil industry.
- Helping to Develop Software/Firmware of Algorithms to enable precision drive control
- Permanent Magnet Motor Control for ESP applications
- Regulatory expertise in UL508A and UL508C, NEC, EN61800-5-1 and others.
- Problem Solving for Variable Speed Drives and related systems
- Work with all functions of the company.
- Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering.
- Possess problem solving and project management skills.
- Analysis techniques employing Park and Clark Vector Math.
- Able to work independently and on teams; sound decision-making ability.
- Power Systems including Step Down Transformers, Harmonic Filters, Variable Speed Drives, Sine-Wave Filters, Step-Up Transformers and Medium Voltage Applications
- Possess good communication skills to interact with internal/external customers and vendors.
- Design presentations, critical design reviews with Chiefs of Engineering, Product Safety and Regulatory.
- Understanding Engineering Disciplines in order to review other circuit designs and to mentor junior engineers.
- Must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship.
- Minimum of 10 years' experience with Power Electronic circuit design
- Spice Modeling, MatLab, and Simulink.
- Master's Degree in Electrical Engineering
- Familiarity with Environmental design and testing, in particular UL50, UL157, and IEC 60529.
- Regulatory requirements of Electrical/Electronic Equipment in Industrial Applications such as UL508A, UL508C, EN61800-5-1, EN60204-1 and NFPA70
- Proficiency in Technical Writing
- Transformer Standards IEEE C57, IEC 60076
With operations in over 120 countries, we provide better solutions for our customers and richer opportunities for our people. As a leading partner to the energy industry, we're committed to achieving net-zero carbon emissions by 2050 and we're always looking for the right people to help us get there. People who are as passionate as we are about making energy safer, cleaner and more efficient. Join Us:
Are you seeking an opportunity to make a real difference in a company that values innovation and progress? Join us and become part of a team of people who will challenge and inspire you! Let's come together and take energy forward.
Baker Hughes Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.