The Principal Reliability Engineer provides site-wide leadership and assurance for the Refinery Asset Teams to increase reliability performance at the site. This includes providing input into the unit maintenance and operational decisions, identification and mitigation of potential unit risks, failure analysis, work prioritization and TAR execution support. The Principal Reliability Engineer will provide subject matter expert oversight and direction to the Reliability team, interfacing with the Asset Team to support urgent needs. The role is part of the Whiting Refinery's Reliability Steering Team, participating in managerial decisions related to planning, strategies, and evaluations of performance.Key Accountabilities:
- Communicate Whiting's business goals in a powerful and engaging manner and act as a role model for the BP Leadership expectations.
- Leader for Reliability discipline excellence and oversight of the reliability engineering function including tools, methods and skill development
- Provides reliability assurance for critical site processes including Asset Health Monitoring, Equipment Condition Monitoring, and Asset Reliability Strategies.
- Leader for site reliability improvement initiatives and programs
- Drives team improvement via the Continuous Improvement Process
- Serves as a discipline resource (SME) for Asset Reliability Engineers
- Leads site implementation of select Global Reliability Improvement Program elements
- Serves as site liaison to global Reliability Continuous Improvement Forum
- Ensure Root Cause Analyses are performed on qualifying production loss events and equipment bad actors, and that non-availability incident investigations include adequate discipline engineering representation.
- Leads Root Cause Analysis for complex site events
- Owner of site Defect Elimination Program and budget
- Works with Reliability Manager to facilitate Reliability Steering Team with plant leadership
- Provides oversight and management of site Reliability Recommendation management program
- Provides assurance for site Reliability Performance metrics
- Leads site-wide review of equipment/asset performance metrics
- Site Liaison for Project and Turnaround reliability processes
- Provide input to the refinery engineering demand plan and provide input into hiring recommendations.
- Own Reliability Centered Maintenance, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis, Planned Maintenance, Quality, Infrastructure, Critical Equipment Plans for the area.
- Work with peers and with Asset Teams to ensure consistent application and execution of work processes and standards, including Site Technical Practices, Engineering Technical Practices, etc.
- Own and provide input into Asset team and M&R team reliability metrics.
- Identify and understand critical equipment (i.e. production critical and safety critical) and develop appropriate life cycle plans and improvement plans.
- Support the Asset Team in the development and implementation of the Unit Strategy and Reliability Roadmap, including input into TAR strategies, project portfolios, defect elimination (DE) and major maintenance spend.
- 7-10+ years of relevant reliability experience required
- 5+ years of refinery experience required
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent required.
- CMPR,CRE preferred
Certifications and Licenses:
- As a Safety & Production Critical position, ensures that employees are assessed in accordance with WBU's Competency Assurance Process, WBU-LD-GU-00001.
If you are selected for a position in the United States, your employment will be contingent upon submission to and successful completion of a post-offer/pre-placement drug test(and alcohol screening/medical examination if required by the role) as well as pre-placement verification of the information and qualifications provided during the selection process. The drug screen requires a hair test for which BP must be able to obtain a sufficient hair sample for analysis (~4 cm/1 ?" scalp, or > 2 cm/?" body - arms & armpits/legs/chest)
As part of our dedication to the diversity of our workforce, BP is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard for race, color, gender, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, military status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other protected group status. We are also committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in our job application procedures. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us or have one of your representatives contact us at BPUSApplicationAssis@bp.com
; or by telephone at 281.366.1999.
Read the Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law poster
and the poster supplement
- for more information about Equal Employment Opportunities. (Spanish version
BP is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. View our policy statement